Quantcast

So is this gnarly hurricane season due to global warming?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,930
5,615
Sleazattle
We are supposedly in a natural 10-20 year natural cycle of increased Hurricane Activity. Same cycle ripped things up in the 40's and 50's but there were much much fewer people living on the coastline.
 

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
5,407
0
New England
N8 said:
You know very well that Evil Bush controls the weather...

:monkey:
No, no, no... It's the Yakuza that has control over hurricanes (in league with the Russians) :monkey:

Weatherman: Mobsters caused Katrina
Thursday, September 22, 2005

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) -- An Idaho weatherman says Japan's Yakuza mafia used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina in a bid to avenge itself for the Hiroshima atom bomb attack -- and that this technology will soon be wielded again to hit another U.S. city.
 

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
18,222
86
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Tenchiro said:
No, no, no... It's the Yakuza that has control over hurricanes (in league with the Russians) :monkey:

Weatherman: Mobsters caused Katrina
Thursday, September 22, 2005

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) -- An Idaho weatherman says Japan's Yakuza mafia used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina in a bid to avenge itself for the Hiroshima atom bomb attack -- and that this technology will soon be wielded again to hit another U.S. city.
I need one of those machines....
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,638
4
SF, CA
N8 said:
You know very well that Evil Bush controls the weather...

:monkey:
Oh come on, everyone knows it's the Jews that control the weather, the liberal media, and the world financial markets. Evil Bush just controls the far right. Makes them dance like puppets, he does...
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
ohio said:
Oh come on, everyone knows it's the Jews that control the weather, the liberal media, and the world financial markets. Evil Bush just controls the far right. Makes them dance like puppets, he does...
I think bush is a puppet himself of some darker more evil force. I don't think he really has the brains to mastermind anything.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,930
5,615
Sleazattle
fluff said:
Actually if you think about, if Canada didn't exist the US would be much further north and out of harms way...
I was thinking more along the lines that many more Americans have moved as far south as possible so they can get as far away from Canadians as possible.
 

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
2,407
102
MA
While there is an oscillating cycle of 60-70 years in which hurricanes intensify in the atlantic region and then decrease, while activity intensifies in the pacific regions, a recent article/study in the journal Science did do a study that linked global warming as a probable cause for increased hurricane activity.
 

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
18,222
86
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Westy said:
I was thinking more along the lines that many more Americans have moved as far south as possible so they can get as far away from Canadians as possible.

Actually if you consult the history books, the americans had their asses beat back down across the border a few times....
 

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
18,222
86
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Inclag said:
While there is an oscillating cycle of 60-70 years in which hurricanes intensify in the atlantic region and then decrease, while activity intensifies in the pacific regions, a recent article/study in the journal Science did do a study that linked global warming as a probable cause for increased hurricane activity.

Ah-HA!!!

So as it gets worse, will the lower half of the US just become completely uninhabitable? I'm sure Canada would be willing to take them in....there's plenty of room for them in Nunavut....
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
38,930
5,615
Sleazattle
The Hurricanes are just a staged government event to scare away warmth seeking Canadian tourists. It was all done on a sound stage at Universal Studios.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Rita, Katrina, Water Temperature and Climate Change
By: Staff reporter

As Rita barrels through the Gulf of Mexico at Cat 5 we are sure to hear once again that global warming is causing this hurricane season to be out of control/the worst ever/the end of the world. Even though this season is nothing out of the ordinary, let’s play along with the “global warming caused it” mythology. The latest and greatest cause of Katrina and Rita is elevated water temperatures in the Gulf. The cause of these elevated water temperatures, global warming, of course. The hurricane season lasts from June to October each year. Per NOAA, what are the historical water temperatures in the Gulf for these months and how is this “disastrous year” stacking up:

Buoy 42001, location – 180 nautical miles South of Southwest Pass, LA:


All temps, Celsius

August 2005 water temperatures were .41 degrees outside the normal range. Of any consequence? Not yet.

Buoy 42002, location – 240 nautical miles South-Southeast of Sabine, TX:


All temps, Celsius

August 2005 water temperatures were .08 degrees outside the normal range. Is this the global warming speculation we should hang our hat on? Rational minds would say ‘no’.

The Florida Keys seem to be the starting point for the disaster of Katrina and Rita. Surely the water temperature in the Keys is heavily elevated:


All temps, Celsius

August 2005 water temperatures were .09 degrees outside the normal range. Again, end of the world stuff, highly doubtful. If you say this microscopic deviation in water temperatures is a sign of global warming, explain the lower than average water temperatures in June, July, and September.

The sites above were chosen to provide data from a wide range of the Gulf of Mexico. Buoy 42001 was not even in the path of Katrina or the now strengthened Rita. Global warming is a two-way street. If you choose to explain slightly higher water temperatures in one month as the result of global warming, you must explain why other months have lower than average water temperatures. Let me guess, that is cooling caused by the warming?
 

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
2,407
102
MA
N8 said:
Rita, Katrina, Water Temperature and Climate Change
By: Staff reporter
Good source. A study looks at little more information than a few arbritrary numbers ya know. That's why you leave scientific studies up to scientist, not "staff reporters" or politicians.

So do you think Global Warming is a myth??? Because if you would like to know, most of the global comunity agrees that temperatures are on the rise. The argument more or less in laymens terms is whether or not it is a natural event or if humans are the culprit.

Actually this huricane season is not normal according to the NHC. Also anyone with common knowledge of ocean water temperatures knows that with fluctuating temperatures, different water currents will shift with repect to them. Increased global temperature would shift the Gulf Current that sends heated water up the US Atlantic coastline. So temperatures typically affected by this current would end up being lower than usual.

You have any knowledgeable insite to add to what I have said N8 besides the typical CTRL-C and CTRL-V????
 

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
2,407
102
MA
MMike said:
Ah-HA!!!

So as it gets worse, will the lower half of the US just become completely uninhabitable? I'm sure Canada would be willing to take them in....there's plenty of room for them in Nunavut....
I don't know if it will get worse. But seeing how the average global temperature has increased by 1 degree fahrenheit within the last century and scientist expect an increase of anywhere between 2 and 6 degrees fahrenheit in the next century, this will affect ocean temperatures, and warmer waters do cause larger and more frequent storms. So it is possible that these southern states may be hit by larger storms more frequently.

In anycase, I'm sure within ten years and many more large storms much of the south will make a mass exoduss to Canada's lovely Port Radium.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,638
4
SF, CA
N8 said:
Rita, Katrina, Water Temperature and Climate Change
By: Staff reporter

As Rita barrels through the Gulf of Mexico at Cat 5 we are sure to hear once again that global warming is causing this hurricane season to be out of control/the worst ever/the end of the world.
Pseudo-science like this is a perfect demonstration of why we desperately need to make sure that only science is taught in science classes.

Thanks N8 for, yet again, proving the failure of the American education system.
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,796
42
Japan
ohio said:
Pseudo-science like this is a perfect demonstration of why we desperately need to make sure that only science is taught in science classes.

Thanks N8 for, yet again, proving the failure of the American education system.
I'm thinking DT put him up to this being that DT is the PD forums main protagonist for the "global warming is hippie scaremongering" arguement.
 

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
10,846
0
Orange County, CA
Anyone want to explain to the retards of this world how a wrong positive diagnosis of global warming caused by human factors is much less harmful than a wrong negative one?
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
ohio said:
Pseudo-science like this is a perfect demonstration of why we desperately need to make sure that only science is taught in science classes.

Thanks N8 for, yet again, proving the failure of the American education system.

Actually this is from the UK...


:p
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,638
4
SF, CA
N8 said:
Actually this is from the UK...


:p
Your opinion about the article's validity is from the UK? How did you manage to project your own consciousness across the ocean?