Quantcast

So it's been over a week since...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
the interview. what is protocol as to finding out about the job or what they may have thought and so on? I was going to mail a thank you letter today to them, based on what the school career adviser had recommended.

I did send them an e-mail the next day thanking them.

Thoughts?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There is nothing wrong with calling them and asking where they stand in their hiring process. Actually, I'd be happy to know if someone called asking becasue it shows me they are interested.

You should have mailed that letter a week ago.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
There is nothing wrong with calling them and asking where they stand in their hiring process. Actually, I'd be happy to know if someone called asking becasue it shows me they are interested.

You should have mailed that letter a week ago.
:stupid: Give them a friendly call and see what happens!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

Call them up and say I intervied for xyz last week and wanted to check and see if a decision had been made.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Call and ask them when you start.

Better yet, call and TELL them when you start.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Mail your thank-you letters the second you get back from the interview. Most likely, they've made their decision already.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I sent them a formal e-mail, and was told to hold of for a couple of days, so when I sent my snail-mail letter, it would put me back fresh in their mind.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
sirknight6 said:
the interview. what is protocol as to finding out about the job or what they may have thought and so on? I was going to mail a thank you letter today to them, based on what the school career adviser had recommended.

I did send them an e-mail the next day thanking them.

Thoughts?
Depends on whether you wore pants to the interview or not....