Quantcast

So let's make a SoCal Movie.

7CS

Chimp
Jul 15, 2006
Ventura County
I'm new out here in Cali and on the boards. But I've been kicking around this idea for a few weeks. I'm not necessarily a professional film maker but I've spent some time and money getting the tools for it. I have one (so far) Panasonic DVX 100B And an Apple Final Cut Studio editing bay at my apartment. I work a regular job, so it would have to be filmed on weekends, preferably at locations within 4 hours of my place in Oxnard which is almost a decent central location.

Here's how it could work. I'd draft up a general contract stating that everyone who makes it into the video gets xx% of the profits if we could get something worth cutting to DVD. Also releasing me of any liabilities:) Like uhm I never told you to jump that 30 foot river etc.. We'd schedule a place to shoot on a certain weekend and meet up there and do a day or two of shooting. Then setup the next location and try it when people are available.

And there would have to be a fair ammount of planning involved, from the races I've shot I tend to get 1 minute of usable footage for every 10-15 minutes shot, a small ammount of that is bad shooting, most of it is to cut down on repetition and keep the end result exciting for the people who watch it. If you are thinking of trying to get in take a long look at what you do and honestly think if you would like to see it on screen if you had to pay for it. I'd hate to travel all over SoCal and waste a lot of people's time to end up with a sub par project. I've seen pics of people around here and there is definately potential.

Chris

And if you look at my youtube stuff below remember they reformat it after I sent it in, that stuff looks great on my 42" tv. If anyone really needs convincing maybe I could burn a copy and send it out.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Sick cam! Ive shot with that one for a snowboard vid, and the footage looks clean. I would be down to do some shooting and riding if you were ever down in the OC area. We got some good tech riding in Laguna and a secret mini-shore too. You should head up to the Monkey-meet in SB too, there will be some good riding/riders up there im sure.

NOOBTASTIC

Chimp
May 10, 2006
santa barbara
faith hows it going? how is cb'rs? i miss riding with you and hope you come up soon to hang bro. give me a call some time. and 7cs you should def come to sb and check out the scene here. there is a really nice dj park and the best dh around!!