Quantcast

So let's say...

astr0moose

Chimp
May 6, 2003
You were going to be in Seattle for a long weekend, and you had a rental vehicle, and you had some awesome freeride and all-mountain bikes (5" front/rear). Where would you head for some all day rides? Shuttling not required, as Whistler will be hit later. We'll ride the jumps by the jail and greenlake, and perhaps try to find the under-the-interstate stuff.

I guess we're looking to get up and ride (~5 hours) xc--within an hour or so of downtown, all-mountain stuff (read--stuff you can hit on an aggressive xc bike) then come back into town and jump, find skateparks, ride urban, scare women...maybe more.

Spend a few minutes, and I can return the favor if you ever decide to visit the DC area.

I scanned the other posts, and ended up with lots of ideas, but nothing to run with. Huckleberry ridge, something maybe a Crystal Mnt??

--anch

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
astr0moose said:
You were going to be in Seattle for a long weekend, and you had a rental vehicle, and you had some awesome freeride and all-mountain bikes (5" front/rear). Where would you head for some all day rides? Shuttling not required, as Whistler will be hit later. We'll ride the jumps by the jail and greenlake, and perhaps try to find the under-the-interstate stuff.

I guess we're looking to get up and ride (~5 hours) xc--within an hour or so of downtown, all-mountain stuff (read--stuff you can hit on an aggressive xc bike) then come back into town and jump, find skateparks, ride urban, scare women...maybe more.

Spend a few minutes, and I can return the favor if you ever decide to visit the DC area.

I scanned the other posts, and ended up with lots of ideas, but nothing to run with. Huckleberry ridge, something maybe a Crystal Mnt??

--anch
Come up to Galbraith Mtn in Bellingham.
90 min north of seattle. you can ride all day and not hit the same trail twice.
2,200 or so feet of vertical. All types of trails which can be hit up or down.
5-6in trail bikes are perfect there.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Stuff up hwy 410 past greenwater...... Ranger Creek, Palisades, Suntop (all with skookum flats) Info on www.mtbr.com 's trail guide....

galby would be fun too... if its not a soup pit liek the time i rode there..

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Galby will not be a soup pit, transition bike ride there on my B-day the 13th. Unless it rains in the next two days. The exits if you got the skills.