Quantcast

So like...there's...like NO skiing there anymore?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My mother in law sent my wife some clippings from the Seattle Times. Steven's and Soqualmie have shut down?? And whistler is barely even running?

Holy crap.... good thing I left......

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
MMike said:
My mother in law sent my wife some clippings from the Seattle Times. Steven's and Soqualmie have shut down?? And whistler is barely even running?

Holy crap.... good thing I left......

they have suspended operations...not given up on the season yet....

stevens, snoqualmie, crystal, baker...all closed right now. mt washington is closed for the time being...

bachelor is doing alright and recently had the full mountain open, including the summit. when we were there a few weeks back, the summit hadnt opened for the season yet...glad to see someone in the pnw is doing good..

whistler is in shambles, and sunpeaks isnt running with great snowfall either. hell, even red mountain is shoddy...the freeride competition was held in less than premium conditions :/

seasons like this happen. its depressing and sucks, but its life.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
on a positive note, at least we have mountains....

there may be other areas this winter with epic snowfall, but nothing more than garbage hills to ride on :|

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Meadows is still crap, and I'm lucky enough to have a season pass. I paid half for it and I still probably won't break even. They better give me a good discount for a pass next year or I'll be pissed.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
I was at Red Mtn 3 weeks ago and it was truely epic. Waist deep powder and no crowds. That place is incredible if you like the trees and don't want a "scene".

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Bikecrasher said:
I was at Red Mtn 3 weeks ago and it was truely epic. Waist deep powder and no crowds. That place is incredible if you like the trees and don't want a "scene".

thats odd....not just a full month back it was bare in spots and raining...

glad you had an awesome time with what sounds like prime conditions though!!!! :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Five said:
Man, that sucks! I guess we won't be able to wash our cars or water the lawn this summer huh?
Like i ever did?? Not watering lawn = no mowing, and the dirt on my truck is a protective layer... i even have moss growing on it..... hehe

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
zane said:
Meadows is still crap, and I'm lucky enough to have a season pass. I paid half for it and I still probably won't break even. They better give me a good discount for a pass next year or I'll be pissed.

Don't count on it. Resorts can't determine conditions. It's still a bussiness and, when it comes down to brass tacks, they need to make money...especially after this year.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Yeah, I'm so glad a bought my stevens pass before last summer hit. I've squeaked by with the times I have gotten in so far, so I've payed for my pass already. We'll get some more snow to ride on before spring hits. Although I've already been jinxed. Should have been snowboarding today instead of riding at sst. Foot slipped off pedal on the larger step down, and I hit the ground HARD!! Shoulder is pretty darn sore, will go to doctor tomorrow to make sure the bones are all good. 800mg of Ibuprofin and I don't feel too bad. Got a nasty bump on the side of my knoggin though. Kinda felt dizzy when I first got up off the ground....umm sand.