Quantcast

So long, Manny (baseball newz...nobody cares...move along...)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Red Sox send Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers and send Craig Hansen and Brandon Moss to Pittsburgh, and receive Jason Bay from Pittsburgh.

Sox got hosed. Manny had to go though.

Enjoy Manny, Dodgers fans. He'll piss you off but make you happy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He's going to the Packers, right?

<edit> I've been a Dodgers fan all my life. I am accustomed to being pissed off, thanks.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Cool.

If the Phillies don't do sh*t in the playoffs, I'll cheer for the Dodgers.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i think this was a good pick up for the dodgers and a steal for them also.i now look for the dodgers to go far in the playoffs now.then the manny b.s. can start after the season is over.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sox got hosed.
No fvcking kidding. I opened the newspaper, read the headline, and wasn't that surprosed. Then I read down to see what they got for him, and about shat myself. Who the fvck is Jason Bay? And giving up Manny (he was a distraction, but also an incredible hitter), as well as Hansen and Moss? WTF?

:rant: :rant: :rant:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
No fvcking kidding. I opened the newspaper, read the headline, and wasn't that surprosed. Then I read down to see what they got for him, and about shat myself. Who the fvck is Jason Bay? And giving up Manny (he was a distraction, but also an incredible hitter), as well as Hansen and Moss? WTF?

:rant: :rant: :rant:
Sox definitely got hosed in the deal. Giving up Hansen and Moss AND the 2 draft picks they would have got at the end of the season from another team for losing Manny.

What a f-ing douche he has become. Him and his a$$hole agent bora$$ probably schemed this whole debacle.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Sox got hosed. Manny had to go though.
Yes, but if he had stayed there was no way they would have made the playoffs unless the Rays implode down the stretch. As it is it doesn't look good for them, but if they can get the clubhouse back in order and make a run, they could slide in.