Quantcast

So,my 18 Y.O. nephew just dies in his sleep.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Serious road cyclist, skier, all around athelete.
He was a freshman at ASU...apparently his roomates said that he went to bed complaining that he wasn't feeling well...and he just didn't wake up.

No autopsy results yet.

Rest In Peace, Scott.

You were a cool kid.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very sorry to hear about your loss. We a similar experience where a grew up. Super athlete that died young as it turned out with an unknown heart problem.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The fam is torn up.
We had a scare today as well...I am taking care of a 19 y.o. Peruvian kid (the son of my best Peruvian friend).
Today he went snomobiling for the first time with another friend of ours. Got a call that he wiped out on the sled going 60+, and took a 35ft superman. AND his helmet buckle was undone. Luckily, we have recieved 500" of snow, so he landed/tumbled/augered in nothing but powder. He has a low grade concussion, but coming on the heels of this other news, it was not good to hear. (I have know this kid since he was 12, he is family).

Crazy.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Sorry for your loss, prayers go out to family and friends.

Was he at Appalachian State or Arizona State?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my condolences. so young.

if it turns out to be a heart condition (idiopathic hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?) then all first degree relatives should get their hearts checked out with an echocardiogram.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Peace be with him wherever he went.

Prayers and peace to you and your family as well.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I am sorry for your loss. It always hits hardest when it is someone young. My thoughts are with you and yours

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I, too, am sorry for your loss. If it's any help, your nephew has a little cousin with him, since my daughter is there, too. If you need/want any one to talk to, or if the parents need someone to talk to, I truly know how you feel, and will lend my ears for as long as you/they need.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Sorry to hear the bad news. I hate seeing people go so young. Celebrate the young mans life. That's the way I'd want people to remember me. I'd tell people don't cry over me! Hell, remember all the fun stuff I did while I was alive and crack open a beer and party at my wake. That's my motto. I'll be gone, I'll be in a better place. Don't morn my loss, celebrate the life I lead. That's my motto. Toast to the young man and share your memories of him with your friends... Cuz I can tell you now, if he could tell you, he'd say, "don't stop going on with your life. I want you to continue on and I'll see you when you get to the end." Bless him, toast a drink to him and speak to him. He'll hear you. He's all around you and your family right now.