Quantcast

So my buddy just bought an H2

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So Joe calls me last night all proud of his latest purchase...an H2
Personally I hate the fuggin things, but I can't say anything.
He's gonna want to take this thing shuttling too, I don't want to chip in on gas on this behemouth when my Tacoma pulls 24mpg:dead:

So, how do you diplomatically tell your buddy he's made the stupidest purchase possible with gas above $3/gallon?:rofl:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
By "buddy", do you mean "penis"? Is it actually you that bought it? ;)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
stinkyboy said:
You can't tell your buddy he's a dumbass? What kind of buddy is that?
He's still on the post consumer high, I didn't want to be a dick right away. I was thinking he'll come to that conclusion himself by summer when gas jumps another .25/gal:dead:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Zark said:
He's gonna want to take this thing shuttling too, I don't want to chip in on gas on this behemouth when my Tacoma pulls 24mpg:dead:

So, how do you diplomatically tell your buddy he's made the stupidest purchase possible with gas above $3/gallon?:rofl:
Is your Tacoma a 4 cylinder? I wish I got 24 mpg with my 6 cylinder Tacoma. The best I've ever gotten was 20.5 mpg.

And as far as your friend goes...just point and laugh. He'll eventually get the picture.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
oh god this thread is gonig to go through the roof, i mean they are totally pointless, but i have to say a guy here at work drives one that is all black with some black rivited wheels (not pimp wheels) and it looks pretty damn cool, he gets it muddy which i respect...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
pixelninja said:
Is your Tacoma a 4 cylinder? I wish I got 24 mpg with my 6 cylinder Tacoma. The best I've ever gotten was 20.5 mpg.
Yup, 4 banger, 2wd. I averaged 24mpg doing 80+ with the AC on. That truck friggen rocks. Around town its about 20mpg

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Brian HCM#1 said:
Who cares what he drives, he likes it so that's whats important.
I'm sure your thought process would be DIFFERENT if you DIDN'T like Hummers.:devil:

I say be straight up with him – my Manager bought an H2 when they first came out. She’s like “GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT??” I’m like “dunno?”

“An H2!!” She was all excited – then I say “that’s a dumb purchase since you DO NOT NEED a Hummer!” Heck she had a Chevy Avalanche that never saw dirt…what the hell..

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well........if he bought the car the first thing I'd think was he can afford gas for it. If he whines and crys about $65 to fill his tank then you have every right to give him your opinion.

But I drive a gas gluzzing truck. Yeah so I get like 13-14 in the city. Yeah it costs $60 to fill it (thank god for 87 octane) but he'll pay more putting in 89.

But on the pitching for gas thing. If you are riding with your buddies and it's clear it's like "you get this one I'll get the next" there's no need to pitch for gas. But if you are constantly free-loading then I'd offer to pitch. Like $5 at the most. Last I checked the shuttle ride up Gibralter isn't no 14 miles up and down. Even with gas at $3/gallon and say he gets 15mpg $5 is still over his cost. You could get crazy and tell him you'll give him $.44 cents a mile :)

I'd be scared to use a H2 as a shuttle truck. Especially a new one

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Acadian said:
I'm sure your thought process would be DIFFERENT if you DIDN'T like Hummers.:devil:

I say be straight up with him – my Manager bought an H2 when they first came out. She’s like “GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT??” I’m like “dunno?”

“An H2!!” She was all excited – then I say “that’s a dumb purchase since you DO NOT NEED a Hummer!” Heck she had a Chevy Avalanche that never saw dirt…what the hell..
I guess thats like who needs a WRX, STI or whatever they are called, it's the same thing.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
I guess thats like who needs a WRX, STI or whatever they are called, it's the same thing.
I've sat in a WRX and a Hummer H2 in the same day. They both had just about as much usable room inside.

The WRX would be more off road cabable though.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Zark said:

wasnt his toureg cooler?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
When your budy gets the H2 stuck in a pothole give me a shout and I'll winch him out. Wait no I wont those "recovery points" they come with will snap off and could hurt someone. He shoulda bought an H3 and uses the leftover money to buy a used taco to shuttle with.