Quantcast

So my coworker is wondering why people are commenting on her shirt...

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
bigginsis said:
my department at work is all girls. the systems department at work are all boys. there is more estrogen in the systems department than in mine. more gossip, more cattiness and more gossip comes out of that systems office than anywhere else.

lack of sisterhood my ass. you men better just be glad that we DON'T band together and decide to declare an "i've got a headache" night.

so this has digressed into a "boys vs girls" thread.

can't we all get along

btw, i don't read the penthouse forum, i just look at the pictures.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
bigginsis said:
well it's either that or it digresses into a "let's see DH Girlie's boobs" convo

there ya go again!

playin wit our heads!

(all pun intended)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
hmm...thats interesting...I've never had a friend go for a bf of mine but I have had bf's friends hit on me...even while theyare still friends with the bf! Talk about having BALLS! :nope:

:blah: it was just a quote from Chris Rocks stand up show

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
bigginsis said:
lack of sisterhood my ass. you men better just be glad that we DON'T band together and decide to declare an "i've got a headache" night.
Actually, it has already been done...at least in prose. If you ever need a laugh and enjoy ancient greek theatre, pick up a copy of Aristopanes' Lysistrata.

LYSISTRATA
an introduction to the play by Aristophanes

LYSISTRATA, the third and concluding play of Aristophanes' War and Peace series, was not produced till ten years later than its predecessor, the Peace, viz. in 411 B.C. It is now the twenty-first year of the War and there seems as little prospect of peace as ever. A desperate state of things demands a desperate remedy, and the Poet proceeds to suggest a burlesque solution of the difficulty.

The women of Athens, led by Lysistrata and supported by female delegates from the other states of Hellas, determine to take matters into their own hands and force the men to stop the War. They meet in solemn conclave, and Lysistrata expounds her scheme, the rigorous application to husbands and lovers of a self-denying ordinance--"we must refrain from the male altogether." Every wife and mistress is to refuse all sexual favours whatsoever, till the men have come to terms of peace. In cases where the women must yield 'par force majeure,' then it is to be with an ill grace and in such a way as to afford the minimum of gratification to their partner; they are to be passive and take no more part in the amorous game than they are absolutely obliged to. By these means Lysistrata assures them they will very soon gain their end. "If we sit indoors prettily dressed out in our best transparent silks and prettiest gewgaws, and all nicely depilated, they will be able to deny us nothing." Such is the burden of her advice.

After no little demure, this plan of campaign is adopted, and the assembled women take a solemn oath to observe the compact faithfully. Meantime as a precautionary measure they seize the Acropolis, where the State treasure is kept; the old men of the city assault the doors, but are repulsed by "the terrible regiment" of women. Before long the device of the bold Lysistrata proves entirely effective, Peace is concluded, and the play ends with the hilarious festivities of the Athenian and Spartan plenipotentiaries in celebration of the event.

The drama has a double Chorus--of women and of old men, and much excellent fooling is got out of the fight for possession of the citadel between the two hostile bands; while the broad jokes and decidedly suggestive situations arising out of the general idea of the plot outlined above may be "better imagined than described."

This article is reprinted from Aristophanes: The Eleven Comedies. Trans. Anonymous. London: The Athenian Society, 1922.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bigginsis said:

not a big deal, unless its on steak & a BJ day

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
you know, in a way, i'm glad i am not a guy. i don't think it would be easy dealing with a girl. every time i hear my self tell my old man "yeah well remember that time ten years ago when you said blah blah blah" i just cringe. poor boys. p*ssy must be really worth it to put up with some of the BS a girl can do to a guy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
llkoolkeg said:
Y'all have the gold medal emeritus on gender disloyalty.
Cheers to that.

Women as a whole are some of the most appallingly disloyal and vicious beings on the planet when it comes to other women.

As far as cattiness goes, bigginsis, your department there is the exception, not the rule. I've worked in offices of mostly men, offices of mostly women, and some that have an even split, and the women take the cake by far. No contest. The place I work at now is the most unbelievable rumor mill you've ever seen - but if you walk into Engineering or I.T. where there are mostly men, and mention one of the rumors flying around the building, you'll be greeted by a bunch of blank stares.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bigginsis said:
my department at work is all girls. the systems department at work are all boys. there is more estrogen in the systems department than in mine. more gossip, more cattiness and more gossip comes out of that systems office than anywhere else.

Give it a try....sooner or later they find something/someone better.

How did the Jerasic Park saying go? "Nature will find a way.....it always finds away"

;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bigginsis said:

I must disagree. It has been scientifically proven that women although more social are more "catty" less capable to coexist with their fellow gender. It all can be explained through the evolutionary process. As man was developing from our ape like brethren we began to develop a hunter-gatherer society. Men were not as important for child bearing and were somewhat disposable, so the men began the risky job of hunting. Hunting required stealth, teamwork and leadership. Because of stealth men are able to communicate quietly, with few words. Since a leader was required to control and organize the others males became very competitive, what you and DHG may consider catty today. But this competitiveness is put aside once the pecking order is set and sh1t needs to get done, a la teamwork.

Now the same time the males were developing their chest pounding grunting violent behavior the women were busy doing the "gathering" thing. Since their is strength in numbers the women and children would stay close by one another, this demanded constant communication so one would not get separated. This is what is seen today through highly developed verbal skills and constant irrelevant chattering. Although grouped together there was no advantage for the females to work together unless in danger. It was to their advantage to gather as much food as possibly for themselves and their children regardless of how well others did. This did not require the ability to quietly coexist or cooperate, this is seen today with the bickering and backstabbing.

:p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bigginsis said:
you know, in a way, i'm glad i am not a guy. i don't think it would be easy dealing with a girl. every time i hear my self tell my old man "yeah well remember that time ten years ago when you said blah blah blah" i just cringe. poor boys. p*ssy must be really worth it to put up with some of the BS a girl can do to a guy.
WHY WHY WHY do you girls do that ****

every frigging time, the arguement is practically over you bring some old **** up that was resolved and act like it wasnt resolved........UGH! :mumble:

I'm getting a headach thinking thinking about it

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
bigginsis said:
p*ssy must be really worth it to put up with some of the BS a girl can do to a guy.
Solemnly and with head bowed, I must acknowledge that your words ring true. There is an ebb and flow to our willingness to concede the point, but the theories of Malthus seem to suggest that when the chips are down, guys will ultimately shoulder the yoke in order to keep the nookie flow going. Weak, pathetic little toads, we are.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
llkoolkeg said:
Solemnly and with head bowed, I must acknowledge that your words ring true. There is an ebb and flow to our willingness to concede the point, but the theories of Malthus seem to suggest that when the chips are down, guys will ultimately shoulder the yoke in order to keep the nookie flow going. Weak, pathetic little toads, we are.
speak for yourself brother, things get all outta whack for me and i kick em to tha curb. drop em like a bad transmission. you know why? cause i am enlightened in the fact that most women are also easy so there will always be another piece of tail right around the corner.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
llkoolkeg said:
ahhh... methinks a decent job, a couple of nice bikes, good friends, and plenty of saltpeter equals some sort of solution... :thumb:

(oh where or where did my nookie flow go.... oh where oh where can it be????) :D

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
biggins said:
speak for yourself brother, things get all outta whack for me and i kick em to tha curb. drop em like a bad transmission. you know why? cause i am enlightened in the fact that most women are also easy so there will always be another piece of tail right around the corner.
umm..biggins don't make me shatter your rep with examples on this one ok?

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
you know i was just f'ing with you. actually, you're pretty much stone-cold when it comes to girls.

although if girls are so easy, then how come bars have to offer them free drinks (also known as "ladies night") once a week? so they will give it up of course. that's why there's no "boys night". no alcohol needed.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bigginsis said:
you know i was just f'ing with you. actually, you're pretty much stone-cold when it comes to girls.

although if girls are so easy, then how come bars have to offer them free drinks (also known as "ladies night") once a week? so they will give it up of course. that's why there's no "boys night". no alcohol needed.
you know me, lifes to short to put up with a lot of bull shlt.

nothing wrong with a little liquid panty remover every once and again.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
bigginsis said:

Nah .... Many female patrons (this goes doubly for drunk ones) = many male patrons.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
biggins said:
It was more of a general observation than a personal one. Just be sure that during your journey through life, you don't blink and find yourself compromising your standards. The pursuit of punanny should be an evolutionary one focused on continuous improvement and a steady march towards feminine ideals. Just try to consider yourself an ISO9002 Certified QA/QC Engineer in the field of rump-roosting. :oink:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
llkoolkeg said:
It was more of a general observation than a personal one. Just be sure that during your journey through life, you don't blink and find yourself compromising your standards. The pursuit of punanny should be an evolutionary one focused on continuous improvement and a steady march towards feminine ideals. Just try to consider yourself an ISO9002 Certified QA/QC Engineer in the field of rump-roosting. :oink:

holy shlt man, if you had a show id get cable just to watch it. too funny.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
llkoolkeg said:
Just try to consider yourself an ISO9002 Certified QA/QC Engineer in the field of rump-roosting. :oink:

Interesting approach. 9002 requirements are for distribution only and not direct manufacturing of, maybe I'm getting 'em mixed up again :confused:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
llkoolkeg said:
Just be sure that during your journey through life, you don't blink and find yourself compromising your standards. The pursuit of punanny should be an evolutionary one focused on continuous improvement and a steady march towards feminine ideals.
:thumb:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Bad relationships - be they sexual or emotional - are a fact of life, just don't end up forgetting what made them bad and don't make the same mistake twice...

This conversation has gotten very off-topic.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
DVNT said:
Interesting approach. 9002 requirements are for distribution only and not direct manufacturing of, maybe I'm getting 'em mixed up again :confused:
Well, I'm not interested in manufacturing punanny- I'll leave that to God and the gene-splicers. I consider myself more of a retail consumer than a distributor, though. Perhaps I got pimp-daddy Snoop's CV mentally mixed up with my own...

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
HA HA HA HA

Thought would be so funny. That should be a hidden camera TV thingy.
Call an ISO 9000 auditor to check out a pimp's b!tches. Or how about one of those "SPA" places that are open real late.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
HA HA HA HA

Thought would be so funny. That should be a hidden camera TV thingy.
Call an ISO 9000 auditor to check out a pimp's b!tches. Or how about one of those "SPA" places that are open real late.

Ugh...the thought of having a massuese rub me down after rubbin out some fat, hairy, disgusting, desperate (or any combination of the aforementioned) dude keeps me from going anywhere but an upscale spa and paying a fortune for a massage.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
yep, i had the same reaction at a whore house in tijuana.

And they really really needed some quality management. YIKES!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
Ugh...the thought of having a massuese rub me down after rubbin out some fat, hairy, disgusting, desperate (or any combination of the aforementioned) dude keeps me from going anywhere but an upscale spa and paying a fortune for a massage.
Don't worry, I just go on Wednesday nights. ;)

The rest of the week is all yours.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:

right.......because there is no fat/hairy/disgusting people with money :rolleyes: