Quantcast

so my former employer is screwing with my health insurance...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
(just want to vent)

----Original Message Follows----
To: @hotmail.com>
Subject: COBRA
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:29:18 -0600

Steve,

I did get your check. It was due on the 15th, but I didn't get it until
today. There is no postmark on it, so no way to tell when it was mailed.

Take care,
I dropped the check of in person on Saturday, the 15th... as I've done twice before.

He's suggesting that he might cancel my COBRA insurance.

:mumble: :mad:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Are you not having to pay out the azz for Cobra?
You could get an individual policy or even a short term policy for super cheap compared to Cobra.
Then you could tell your former employer to go make love to himself.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Jeremy R said:
Are you not having to pay out the azz for Cobra?
You could get an individual policy or even a short term policy for super cheap compared to Cobra.
Then you could tell your former employer to go make love to himself.
I couldn't cancel my insurance as I had knee surgery a few months ago and wanted to keep the same policy/doctors for follow up.

It's "only" $245/month and my new company's insurance kicks in next month.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
oh man mister Opie i feel your pain.

Many years ago a guy call James B robinson (that later became the owner of Star to finish in the bayarea,, until he run it to the ground as ussual) made me sign some BLANK legal Documents (I did not know better then) about a work related accident I have when a scafolding feel on the floor (with me in it) and destroy my right knee, anyway the guy give me the ussual "don't worry about anything, I take care of that" and end up taken care of it, by writing on the empty papers that the accident was totally my fault and the bike shop did not have anything to do with it (Total BS ofcourse), in fact he fire me two days later and cancel my Cobra benefits too...

some of this money Pinchers managers are beyond believe, but for a happy ending this very sucessfull shop end up backrupt about 2 years later after he became the manager, in fact is being about 9 years since this happend and my knee still plays bad games on me from time to time

in short....
seek legal asistence and don't sign anything no matter what..