Quantcast

So my hub.......

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
So, I have a formula hub on my dh bike (model DH/DC91) and it's been loose so I rode with it for a while. So when I finally took it down the the lbs to get the hub tightned up it was as tight as it could go and it still wobbled a whole lot(everyone who felt it said that it was the most wobble they've ever felt in a front hub). So I was told that a certain part of the hub was worn down. Ok, thats cool. So I went home and contacted formula via their website. I told them my story and asked if they could please send me some replacement parts(the part I need can not be ordered by my lbs). So I wait for a few days and get no response. Thats cool, so I go to their website again and get a e-mail address and retell my story to them again. So a day or so later an e-mail popped up saying that they were sorry to hear about this and asked me to send some pictures so that they could send me the right part. So I was pretty happy, and I took the pictures that were requested of me and sent them back to formula. So now it's been 5 days and I havn't heard back from them, I'm starting to get very anxious to get back on my dh bike.

So, my question is this. What should I do? Should I go ahead and buy a new hub or call formula up or what. Or am I judging to soon, and should I wait more for formula to respond to me?

Ok, my blabbering is done now.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I love Formula. :think: I had to grind a 12mm hex wrench down on the corners today to get a freehub off today?? The new one dragged almost as bad as the old one. Cheap ass seals and axles made out of slag steal. Formula = Crap IMO.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Sweet, I'm happy now. I just got an e-mail asking me to tell them what parts I needed so they can send them to me right away. YAY!!!!!!

J

JRB

I emailed them looking for a bolt on axle for my hub in the Loco wheels. It took a few days but I got an exploded view asking me to identify the part. Since it is a bolt on that I want, I fear that my translation may fail. I don't believe her name is really JoAnn. Alex Rims however has never emailed me in regards to my question about a rim.