Quantcast

So my wedding ring is missing.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Not last night, the night before, I took it off in the middle of the night and left it on my night stand.

Kids wake up, come bounding in. Get up with them get them fed and all that. A little before lunch I got to retrieve ring and it's gone.

I'm pretty sure Gracie nabbed it.

I've asked her if she took it. She said yes.

"Did you take Daddy's ring?"
"Yes"
"Where is it?"
"In my purse"
We check her "purse". Not there.She always been good about fessing up to this kind of stuff, and she's always told me where whatever she has taken is. I asked her a few more times and got different answers every time. None of which were correct.

So i have no idea where it is. I guessing this means the chicks are going to ALL OVER me until it turns up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
After enough of JBP's 'degloving' references on the monkey my wedding ring was tossed in a drawer (I think) 6mos ago.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
In 17 years I think the only time my ring was ever off was kayaking in cold water because I was afraid of losing it.

Lay off the bacon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
[col.klinkvoice]vee have vays of making you talk.[/col.klinkvoice]

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
In 17 years I think the only time my ring was ever off was kayaking in cold water because I was afraid of losing it.
The old wedding ring conversation is almost as bad as discussing politics. My father is law is from the school of never taking off his ring. Wife told be about some story of him being in the hospital and being forced to remove it.

I can go a couple days without wearing my ring. My wifes parents seems to have a much bigger problem with it than she does.

Anyway...hope your find your ring soon.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:stupid:

My wife would kill me if I lost my ring....thats why I don't take it off :)
We're so the opposite. Neither of us wear our ring when we're out riding our doing yardwork, etc. I certainly don't want to loose/damage it nor do I want to chance loosing a finger. We joke about not wearing them sometimes too. We know that we're married and love each other so it's really just not necessary for us.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The old wedding ring conversation is almost as bad as discussing politics. My father is law is from the school of never taking off his ring. Wife told be about some story of him being in the hospital and being forced to remove it.

I can go a couple days without wearing my ring. My wifes parents seems to have a much bigger problem with it than she does.

Anyway...hope your find your ring soon.
I don't think I've ever seen my dad wear his wedding ring. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen it period.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sometimes I wear my ring when we go out, other times, my wife lets me wear my testicles.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
One minute after I proposed to my wife I told her I look like a total douche when I wear a ring. Now she can't say anything when I don't wear it. I actually was wearing it until I hurt my finger in a DH race and it swelled up and I almost didn't get it off.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife is still pissed that my ring was in the ash tray of my truck when I traded it in. They sold it the next day before I had a chance to get it out. The new owner claims there wasn't a ring in there.

At least you MIGHT get yours back.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
My wife knew that I was never going to wear my ring after our wedding day since I never wore a ring in my life and hated the way they felt when I tried them on.

I got used to it after our wedding and have not taked it off other than the occasional take it off to play with it when I am bored.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My wife is still pissed that my ring was in the ash tray of my truck when I traded it in. They sold it the next day before I had a chance to get it out. The new owner claims there wasn't a ring in there.

At least you MIGHT get yours back.
Yeah that would not be very good.

Gracie could have put it ANYWHERE....and yes....there will be some cursory glances made in the dog poop.....

sigh....

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So she couldn't figure out how to send off that Cash For Gold envelope huh?

Glad you got it back.