Quantcast

So my wife's gone shopping...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
And I've decided to start painting the fire-surround / mantlepiece thing. It's a journey of no return.

Good move, or rash idea that might result in week of enforced celibacy..?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
desperate times call for desperate measures: and fluff throws up a flag in the lounge.

i love a good train wreck

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Wait, you're doing a renovation thing without permission?

You're my hero!
Well, the position I envisage is tacit permission; I have paint, brushes and access and she has not expressly forbidden me to paint it.

Of course it's a dangerous argument as she knows where my bikes are and has access to tools...

Perhaps I need to put a notice on them.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
When we first got married, I went and picked out and bought a bedspread for our master bedroom. All alone.
They should teach you how not to make these kind of mistakes in school. Way more handy than algebra.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You're gonna paint over oaky wood?

if it's nice, stop, just a light stain or something.

I like wood.

Yes, yes, I know what I did there.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Hmm, about half done and I'm not sure it's quite the look I was hoping for...
by my watch it's 2108 GMT.
do us a favor & perch the camera in view of your wife's face upon her return...which i can only assume is minutes away.

and when her screaming wakes the kids, you're on duty for the duration.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
How about this... I put a brush into the hand of my sleeping 3 yr old, splatter him with paint and knock the rest of the tin all over the wall/fireplace/floor area? Genius no?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
How about this... I put a brush into the hand of my sleeping 3 yr old, splatter him with paint and knock the rest of the tin all over the wall/fireplace/floor area? Genius no?
Can he reach the top? Put a footstool there too.

Also, put some of his hand prints on the wall.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
It's finished and it's better than it looked halfway through, and I think better than before I started.

But then my opinion counts for sod-all come the reckoning.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Weeeell.... she liked it! Apparently it makes the room look bigger. Lotsa brownie points for me. :cheers:

I dropped some subtle hints and discovered the piano should remain it's original colour; so that was a narrow escape.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i think i just saw kevin o'connor bungle this on a re-run of 'ask this old house'

personally, i would have gone with wainscoting & 3 coats of polyurethane

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This reminded me of when the Frau and I were geographically seperated...I was living in Spokane, she was elsewhere getting ready to move there.
I call one day, she says "What did you do today?" Me "Oh, went to REI and bought some bike socks that came with pint glasses...score for me right?" She "Wahhhhhh!!!! I wanted to decorate the house..."

Women, cant live with 'em...but it beats the alternative...