Quantcast

So my ZEE are crying

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I jost bought a pair of zee for my supreme V2..
they came with icetech disc and they where absolutely perfect except for a little drag of the disk which did not bother me too much..

I used them just once and yesterday whe I decided to take my DH bike again it was unridable...

Brake squeak like a dying pig, and they also loose 70% of the power... i can barely lock the rear brake now... I mean WTF???

The bike did not take any sort of chemical product is this an issue related to icetech disc or zee? Anyone experienced the same issue?

P.s. sorry for my bad english I hope is understandable

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
They aren't leaking brake fluid at the caliper end, either from the fitting or a piston?

That could really be the only way to lose power if they haven't been contaminated with something else.

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
No no, is definitely like if jesus don't love me anymore... no fluid in both brake... no trace of chemical i did not even put any grease on the bike or neither i washed it...

I was thinking it could be a bad break in?I never saw anything like that...

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
for no fluid in both brakes i mean that there is no sign of fluid on both calipers/rotors

Yes IH8Rice it is if you are Irish... but I'm here just cose of Blizzard entertainment...i have been born some where else or so my mother said

To jump back on the topic do you guys think that this may be caused by a bad burn in? I was thinking to clean the rotors but I don't like the idea to use sandpaper on such expensive disc

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
It has to be contaminated. Take the pads out and look at them, then clean the rotors w/ isopropyl alcohol, not whiskey. Don't take sandpaper to the rotors, but you can try that on the pads to get a fresh surface.

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
It has to be contaminated. Take the pads out and look at them, then clean the rotors w/ isopropyl alcohol, not whiskey. Don't take sandpaper to the rotors, but you can try that on the pads to get a fresh surface.
I think I will try this...

I was also thinking that I may cook the pads... they should be organic so easy to crystallize... It's very odd that they got both contaminated by not using the bike at all...

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Dont use heat on pads, it's a great way to get them to separate from the back plates.

I soak them in alcohol and then dry (maybe a quick burn to get the alcohol off, but not prolonged, no real heat up) and scuff them with emory paper, and YES the disc too if its glazed up.

I'm actually headed back to the living room, AKA bike shop, to do this to my saint pads and Hope floating rotors. The front just refuses to bed in on the old pads and I need my power!!!!!!

Car in shop = hard to find a ride = wrenching day (And I may even clean the bathroom, but that may REALLY require using fire.....)

Tomorrow, GES 2.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Spray bottle of alcohol helps you find the leaks and/or dry out any oily pads. Have also seen ((when a set of pads got REALLY oily) the merciless boiling off of oil using a propane torch, but the dude they were helping out REFUSED to buy new pads (was really cool to watch them do it too) :brows:

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Brake cleaner did not help but while i was unbolting the dics i realized that two bolts where not very tight....I tried to tight them and try the brake again and it fixed the issue...

It was all about 2 ****ing loose bolts :D