Quantcast

So, Rex Grossman got benched...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im pretty depressed about it right now. What's worse however is my custom title is now obselete. Can I get it to say "Rex Grossman Will Rise Again"?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, Rex is a good QB, he just needs a little breather I think. The media, fans etc. trash him constantly and the line sucks this year. Hopefully he comes back and plays well. :(

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Seriously man, how can you be depressed? Rex was not getting the job done. I say give Griese the rest of the season. If he gets the Bears a playoff win, keep him. Otherwise draft a QB in round one next year.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I agree about Mcnabb. Rex gets trashed nonstop (maybe cause he's Jewish?). Hope Griese blows out both knees and contracts spinabifida and Orton gets crushed by a russian satellite falling out of orbit.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, Rex is a good QB, he just needs a little breather I think. The media, fans etc. trash him constantly and the line sucks this year. Hopefully he comes back and plays well. :(
Rex has more talent, that's for sure. I think the Bears offense has lost some faith in him though and they could use the change right now.

Rex is too young though for the Bears to give up on him. Hell, freakin Joey Harrington keeps getting chances and it's hard to suck more than him.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Rex is too young though for the Bears to give up on him. Hell, freakin Joey Harrington keeps getting chances and it's hard to suck more than him.
Too young to continue to groom. There's no way Chicago brings him back. His only option is to go a similar route as David Carr: switch teams, take a backup role, and learn how to play the game from outside the spotlight.

Joey Harrington signed with both Miami and Atlanta to be a backup. Please do not think that he signed with both teams under the impression that he was going to be the starting QB. It's not his fault if their respective teams had a ****e QB and jailbird under center.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Serious as Meningococcal Ass AIDS. Rex has a lightning fast release, great touch and good accuracy, just needs to work on decision making and get a better running game and line play. Also, a little less media thrashing would help a bit too.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I agree about Mcnabb. Rex gets trashed nonstop (maybe cause he's Jewish?). Hope Griese blows out both knees and contracts spinabifida and Orton gets crushed by a russian satellite falling out of orbit.
Damnit, I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues to fill in for Drew "giveaway" Brees. Let's not have any doom and gloom about Griese.

Though since you're not Nostradumbass, it'll probably be ok.

BTW, I picked up Brian Griese on my fantasy team for this week (dropped Losman). :thumb:

:D
Funny, I did the exact same thing. Picked up Griese, dropped Losman.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Steve Young bashed Rex pretty hard. Basically said he was lazy and didn't have the dedication be an NFL quarterback. His talent never came into question.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
if you are a Bears fan like i am, you wouldnt be saying this. he has a QB rating of 45.2, with 1 touchdown for the season, 9 sacks for 82 yards lost, 6 INTs, 166 yards a game, Bears ranked 30th in offense and he ranks 24th in the NFL.
Please...although the Bears have had, what 17? QB's in 14 years, they need to dump him like a blind date

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Joey Harrington signed with both Miami and Atlanta to be a backup. Please do not think that he signed with both teams under the impression that he was going to be the starting QB. It's not his fault if their respective teams had a ****e QB and jailbird under center.
I think Harrington might be up to no good. He goes to Miami and Culpepper goes down. He goes to Atlanta and Vick gets caught dogfighting. Coincidence?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The Bears are better off with Brian Griese at QB.

Then again, a toaster would have been an improvement over Rex. :think:

Griese sucks arse. He couldn't even beat out Jay Fiedler for the starting job when the Dolphins were headed down the tubes. And that is WITH the help of his father's legacy in Miami.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Griese has been cut by 3 different teams. He ALWAYS throws the late int. to kill his own team. He's known for it. He's completion percentage is good and he has a good rating, but lacks the intangibles of a true winner. Also, he's in his 30's and is nothing but a band-aid, which will not stop the gushing of the huge wound that is the bears offense right now.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Griese has been cut by 3 different teams. He ALWAYS throws the late int. to kill his own team. He's known for it. He's completion percentage is good and he has a good rating, but lacks the intangibles of a true winner. Also, he's in his 30's and is nothing but a band-aid, which will not stop the gushing of the huge wound that is the bears offense right now.
how many INTS has Suckmann had this year in 3 games? and how many sacks?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
But should you put a band aid on a wound or just bleed out from it?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win Super Bowls, there's got to be some hope for Brian Griese.
That's really the point, isn't it?

The Bears are good enough to not need a QB to win the games for them, but rather manage them.

Hell, the Bears would win the Superbowl if they never threw a pass... just have Rex block for Benson :D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
how many INTS has Suckmann had this year in 3 games? and how many sacks?
If you've been watching, I fail to see how you attribute the sacks to grossman, what with unblocked defenders coming free nearly every play. Tait and Miller blow chunks this year.
As for picks, how many are the fault of poor routes by WRs? It has been noticed by announcers and all. Sure he has made some bad decisions, but he's not the major problem with the O if you ask me.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go expose myself to my Rex Fathead again.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Hmm, you've made a great case for Greaseball. Let's see, his completion percentage and QB rating are better than Sex Cannon Grossman. Sure, as you say he may throw a late interception, but that's still better than Grossman throwing early, middle, and late INTs.

Let's not forget that Griese had a very good season in Tampa, just before he arrived in Chicago. If he can just manage a game, it should give Chicago a fighting chance.

Who do they draft next year? I'd love to see McNabb or Warner in Chicago. With a new QB and healthy DTs, they should be able to compensate for a lackluster running game and make it far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Who do they draft next year? I'd love to see McNabb or Warner in Chicago. With a new QB and healthy DTs, they should be able to compensate for a lackluster running game and make it far.

They should just sign Joey Porter as QB.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
If you've been watching, I fail to see how you attribute the sacks to grossman, what with unblocked defenders coming free nearly every play. Tait and Miller blow chunks this year.
As for picks, how many are the fault of poor routes by WRs? It has been noticed by announcers and all. Sure he has made some bad decisions, but he's not the major problem with the O if you ask me.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go expose myself to my Rex Fathead again.
have you seen him run around the pocket?? he looks like a deer trapped in the high beams of a big rig....and thats in b/w him dropping the ball and falling on it like a kid.
granted their line isnt fantastic this year, but they cant rely on the defense to get them the win. hell last year they won two games b/c of the defense when he had a QB rating of 1.3 and 10.2......1.3!!! Gould or Maynard could have done better than that