Quantcast

So tell me about....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Snowshoes.

I went for the first time this past weekend (old-school giant wooden snowshoes) and have been invited to go with a bunch of co-workers a few times. I checked out rentals, but for the money, time spent getting to/from the store, I could probably pick up a reasonable pair. Plus, they would come in handy hunting, getting firewood and crosstraining.

I'm not looking for anything high-end, just recreational use and I don't want to spend too much since I'll likely have to get Sq-Earl a pair too. So, recommendations?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FYI, MBC and I have used our new snowshoes a handful of times this year. Atlas 1023 Elektra Plus for her, Atlas 1030 Plus for me. We love them. One added bonus of the models we bought was the heel lift. The heel lift makes for much easier climbing.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
FYI, MBC and I have used our new snowshoes a handful of times this year. Atlas 1023 Elektra Plus for her, Atlas 1030 Plus for me. We love them. One added bonus of the models we bought was the heel lift. The heel lift makes for much easier climbing.
that was one of the main selling feature on why i wanted to buy the Atlas's.