Quantcast

So the 1970's called....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
They want their gas shortages back.

I pass 6 gas stations on the way to work and all of them were out of gas. It'll be early next week before any meaningful deliveries of gas arrive in NC. Its kinda of funny but the main trails here go right over the two pipelines that are currently down.

I guess we are going to find out pretty quickly how folks cope. Both our cars are filled but we did cancel our trip to the mountains and my wife took the bus to work today. She does that once a week or so.

I had to go to home depot to get a light bulb and some stuff to fix our sprinkler system and there was a huge line buying every single container that could hold gas. Folks were buying the little one gallon containers. I was standing the store manager and he said that every single home depot in town was getting run on those containers. They even bought the containers for holding water....

The best thing is I'm out of gas for the mower. Woo Hoo.

AND NO I'M NOT STARTING A GAS THREAD WAR THAT IS SO YESTERDAY. But it was funny.

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Everyone I've talked to who lived through the gas crisis in the 70's says this isn't even remotely like that yet.

My father had a Duster with a v8 at the time and had a 3 hour commute, it used more gas than his 2005 Silverado 2500HD :oink:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe they didn't change the sign on the road but the station where I filled up yesterday was showing gas $.10 cheaper this morning. :think:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
What's going on in NC has far less to do with a shortage and more to do with retards topping of their tank with a gallon of gas. Demand has gone up drastically b/c of scare and urban legend and supply cannot instantaneously catch up. By Monday all the asshats will calm down and the scare will be over. I might be the only person in Charlotte running on less than a half a tank of gas :thumb:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
zod said:
What's going on in NC has far less to do with a shortage and more to do with retards topping of their tank with a gallon of gas. Demand has gone up drastically b/c of scare and urban legend and supply cannot instantaneously catch up. By Monday all the asshats will calm down and the scare will be over. I might be the only person in Charlotte running on less than a half a tank of gas :thumb:
The real question is this: can I drive from SC to VA and back, and expect to find gas when I need it this weekend?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I wouldn't bet on it............but you should be able to drive from SC to VA without having to fill up?? I could do that even in my full sized pick-up

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
Might very well be out.
It turns out they had not changed the signs. Price went up to $3.15 overnight, by volume still cheaper than a bottle of water or a bottle of coke, but more expensive than a gallon of milk. :confused:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
zod said:
I wouldn't bet on it............but you should be able to drive from SC to VA without having to fill up?? I could do that even in my full sized pick-up
If I start with a full tank I'd need one more plus part of a second for the round trip. I'm seriously considering canceling. If not for the worry about availability then just because the stuff is so damned expensive. I don't want to support that kind of pricing.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Jesus f'ing christ!!! Everyone here is f'ing panicing... we have HUGE lines at the gas pumps this evening....

F'ing morons.... :mumble:

I bought 2000 rounds of ammo... cuz if ya got guns & ammo you can always get gas and food from your well stocked liberal neighbors...

:devil:

J

JRB

N8 said:
Jesus f'ing christ!!! Everyone here is f'ing panicing... we have HUGE lines at the gas pumps this evening....

F'ing morons.... :mumble:

I bought 2000 rounds of ammo... cuz if ya got guns & ammo you can always get gas and food from your well stocked liberal neighbors...

OK - you have been funny twice this year. :thumb:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
N8 said:

2000 rounds? Don't you think that's a little excessive?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Earl Holding (owner of Sun Valley and Sinclair Oil) is jumping up and down right now!

Its funny, the exxon in town is 3.10 a gallon, but the sinclair station is only at 2.65 or somthing. There are no lines though, its all midwest petroleum.