Quantcast

So the Stevens pass bike race...?

Curler

Chimp
Dec 6, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hi Cory,

Thank you for your interest in the Downhill Mountain Bike Race. As of today, we have decided to postpone the Bike Race until Sunday, March 16th. The reason being an unfavorable forecast this weekend due to a warming trend. As I'm sure you know conditions must be ideal for bikes to run on the snow, as well as creating a course that can hold up and is safe for competitors. All the information about the event will be updated at www.ridestevenspass.com. Please spread the word to any other racers that you know. Let me know if you have any further questions, thank you Cory!

-Nate-

Nate Escalona
Marketing Supervisor
Stevens Pass Winter Resort
P.O. Box 98
Skykomish, WA 98288
Office: 206.812.7344
nescalona@stevenspass.com
http://www.stevenspass.com

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Rad, I jump through a bunch of hoops to get monday off only to get owned by the stupid mountain. Good idea but racing is all about 'unfavorable conditions'.:disgust1:
And whos to say that there is not going to be warmer weather in March. Usually it tends to start warming in march...
Rant over.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well sure, but the gulch has sedimental value to me, and its close. There are tons of better trails out there, but I have to drive to those...why waste gas, ehh?

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Wow....Just when you THOUGH Stevens pass was getting its act together, they do this. I had to pay a friend $100 to work for me. I think I'm going to stick to the Fluidride cup series and a few at Willamette. Other then that, Sea Otter. Have fun at Stevens, who every goes.
Like they said.... CAPITAL FOREST!!!!!

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Wow....Just when you THOUGH Stevens pass was getting its act together, they do this. I had to pay a friend $100 to work for me. I think I'm going to stick to the Fluidride cup series and a few at Willamette. Other then that, Sea Otter. Have fun at Stevens, who every goes.
Like they said.... CAPITAL FOREST!!!!!
Snow races on mountain bikes are weather dependant.....get over it. I am stoked they are making the effort at all.

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
In our defense, for those that rode in this a few years ago when it was so warm it was a foot race carrying DH bikes, not much fun! We know it is a pain to cancel and reschedule but it is for the greater good.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
ehh? what are you a fcukin canuk now? or trying to be english. get over yourself scott and go out and ride your bike. driving is part of the game, deal with it :disgust1:
Dont be a dick Eren, I don't always have time to drive for over an hour to go ride my bike. I have something called crew everyday, meaning I can only ride for so long till I have to get home for that.

P.S. For the record, I'm part Canadian.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i wanna see a race, eren on his bike box vs scott on his bike of the month, then we'll have a trick contest (eren pulls some mean flatties on that box)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Not the best pictures in the world...but pictures none the less.

When I first got her, and testing the "new" rack out.

All XC'd out for some time in the gulch...first time I've ridden all the way up thanks to the 10lb lighter bike and a granny gear.