Quantcast

So the Stevens pass bike race...?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I remember there being a thread a few months ago on it...and how it's supposed to go down in February. But I went on the stevens pass website and found nothing...

Does anyone know if it's still going down?
I want to go...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Yeah i checked the website schedule again...I don't see anything on it.

Did they cancel it for good?

Tapps

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
I emailed Chris Rudolph about the race last weekend and he said it is still on and that it will be better than ever. "Our head groomer is building the course and has plans of using our Zaugg halfpipe cutter to shape us some perfect berms! Thanks again, see you on the hill."
Last I heard it was going to be Feb 10th but this was not confirmed by Chris. I guess they will have an online flyer out sometime this week with all the details.
The race is a blast and everyone should come!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Sweet, I'm siked to see the berms.

Hopefully my new bike will be in by then, otherwise I'll just throw some phatties on my hardtail and ride.
:-)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
there is this really cool thing on the stevens pass website called a calendar.

http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/calendar.aspx?mode=detail&eventId=jan08-001

duh!

:bonk:
I definitely looked and never found anything...they must have just put it up again. Or it was hidden?

Thanks though Dylan! :clapping:

EDIT: Wait...on a Monday!? Why would they do that? I'd assume they are aware a lot of the people who would attend likely are still in school. Cool, now I probably cant go. :disgust1:

Jul 7, 2007
Bothell
hardtail w/ gearing is probably best. u dont need big suspension for groomed trails. not to mention suspension works like **** in really cold temps

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
a little bike race eh? Like more 4x/dual style course or just a super buffed dh course?
EDIT: any course info out there? trying to assemble some easter's to make it out

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
From what I hear, berms will be made and it will be in the "Top Phlight" park.

I'm debating what bike I want to bring. The hardtail would be simple, but I cant fit tires on there and deflate for traction...however the fully is all air and wouldnt likely perform well in the 32 or less temps.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
a little bike race eh? Like more 4x/dual style course or just a super buffed dh course?
EDIT: any course info out there? trying to assemble some easter's to make it out
yes 4x type. 4 racers, berms this now, and its on the far left terrain park if your going down stevens. do its the terrain park that has all the table jumps, and yes you go off the jumps with your bike, haha.

can get sketchy at times, since your jumping on snow

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
I would want the slack geo of my DH bike if the snow is hard and fast, oh and some Gazzy 3.0's or mud tires with giant spikes which won't fit on most smaller bikes. However if it's warm out bring your cyclocross bike.

Tapps

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
Definatly bring the big bike. The extra stability is so necessary for the snow. Honestly, you only pedal the first straight so a lighter bike won't help at all. I did a practice run on my 4x bike last year and hated it. It was so sketchy. As for tires I have been using just the regular michelin comp 16 which work as good as anything else you are gonna have. It is snow, you will have little to no control anyway you look at it.

NorthWest

Chimp
Feb 11, 2008
Bellingham, WA
it doesn't matter what bike you have.

last year I showed everyone up on a hardtail with slick tires and got second.

it doesn't hurt to have balls of al-u-mini-um

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I'm going come hell or high water :)

does anyone know if the fee's allow us to snowboard the rest of day?

Kyle,
I think you have to buy a lift ticket or it is included in the entry price, so I don't see why not. They never check my tickets at Stevens anyway.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Kyle,

I say board afterwards anyways...I'll probly ski for a bit. Even if they do check, you payed for some sort of ticket anyhow.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
The tickets have been good for snowboarding the rest of the day for the past two year's races. Beers usually sound better after the racing, though.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Cool...my parents just told me they dont want me driving up. Gata love how they change their minds all the time. Looks like I'm not going, again...

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Cool...my parents just told me they dont want me driving up. Gata love how they change their minds all the time. Looks like I'm not going, again...
owned.

stephen will probs take you. im going up with him im pretty damn sure.

may borrow dans sx trail

i could build my blindside minus a chainguide/bash which is in england, but too lazy and i wanna pack it up since i leave tuesday

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
If he has room I'll go...if not, I'll survive...I found out about some local DJ trails and DH runs that put the gulch to shame.