Quantcast

So there was just a meeting about...ME

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Of course I wasn't inited, but I overhear, whether they are debating keeping me around. But the best part is they are moving soon and want to keep me here at least for that... :angry:

Time to look for a new job I think.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
I thought you sat at home and surfed the net for $$. Wasn't that your job?
Hah, I wish. But I have cut down on my RM time a ton since I started here.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Hah, I wish. But I have cut down on my RM time a ton since I started here.
I wasn't joking. For some reason I thought you worked at home doing some Internet thing. I must have been thinking of someone else. Anyway - good luck!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why were they thinking about getting rid of you? How can they (the MAN obviously) be so stupid as to talk about you where you can here them.

There is only one thing that can be done, stick it to the MAN!!

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
I wasn't joking. For some reason I thought you worked at home doing some Internet thing. I must have been thinking of someone else. Anyway - good luck!
I did for a bit late last year, but it was just a contract thing.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Westy
Why were they thinking about getting rid of you? How can they (the MAN obviously) be so stupid as to talk about you where you can here them.

There is only one thing that can be done, stick it to the MAN!!
Open airspace along a window that opens in my cube, it is almost like an echo chamber...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I wasn't joking. For some reason I thought you worked at home doing some Internet thing. I must have been thinking of someone else.
serial midget? i think he's a programmer, but would rather be unemployed and play a lot... so now he sells teapots on the black market

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by LordOpie
serial midget? i think he's a programmer, but would rather be unemployed and play a lot... so now he sells teapots on the black market
My teapots are strictly legit... and no, not a programmer - project coorinator - very similar to HS Janitor except I don't get to ride lawnmowers.

I am going to see what sort of entry level management Home Depot has to offer, steady employment, health insurance and a retirement package are not looking so bad now.

Oh and Tenchiro - use this opportunity to get out of the biz - it's slowly killing you anyway. :monkey:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I am going to see what sort of entry level management Home Depot has to offer, steady employment, health insurance and a retirement package are not looking so bad now.
At home depot you get to snort wood smell all day.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
So, they are debating keeping you around, right?

Are you sure they plan to show you the door?
Maybe they are getting rid of you via promotion.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i just wrote the job description for my replacement :D

but that's ok since i'm quitting voluntarily in july to go back to school :thumb:

still weird tho

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by bushwacker
So, they are debating keeping you around, right?

Are you sure they plan to show you the door?
Maybe they are getting rid of you via promotion.

:D
I dunno, they hired me knowing full well that I know diddly about the telecom industry, basically as a warm body to fill in after the mass exodus that just occured. Now they just hired someone to work with me doing the same thing I do, but shifted almost all of the duties I had over to her.

Who knows what the hell they have planned, but with my limited knowledge of what we do, I doubt it is a promotion.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Boss told me yesterday that they recently had a meeting about me. Basically if I was worth all the trouble I guess:( I admit I am a pain in the ass. But I am the only one actually working (getting #'s), that actually knows what is going on, or does what they say, blah blah blah. So to make a long story short I get to stay but now I also get to be "cross trained" whatever that means. I think they are going to train me to work in another division and then make the rest of the folks I work with have to work as f'd up as that sounds. We are so mis-managed it is hilarious. My boss admitted to his boss that he had no idea what I did. I then showed the big boss what I did and he was floored. I am very confused and discouraged about my work situation. This limbo BS sucks for me too brother......jdcamb

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I feel you guys pain. Today, every other person in my dept got a contract extension, execpt me. My boss told me I might be switching depts and it would be coming out of another budget, but it is still freakin me out. And the HR guy just went home, suck.....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I dunno, they hired me knowing full well that I know diddly about the telecom industry, basically as a warm body to fill in after the mass exodus that just occured. Now they just hired someone to work with me doing the same thing I do, but shifted almost all of the duties I had over to her.

Who knows what the hell they have planned, but with my limited knowledge of what we do, I doubt it is a promotion.
You could probably program a virus that would rip that place of big time.....big time....right?

Have your friend Samir take care of the rest.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Taking fractions of pennies isn't really stealing anyway. :monkey:
I don't know about you, but I couldn't do anything that would upset Jennifer Anniston, even if it was like taking money from the tray, not the jar.