Quantcast

So this is what I spent over $1 million dollars for. Part 3

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Well just installed the arches over the doors, Island plumbing is in place and stripped off the veneer of the fireplace. Drywall will hopefully take place within the next 2 weeks, My audio/video guy starts tomorrow running the wiring for the plasma & surround system.

Old view into the kitchen

New view into the kitchen

Before furnace was moved

After furnace was moved

Old opening to kitchen from the entry

New opening to the kitchen

New garden window

8" exhaust vent for Wolf hood

Fireplace surround removed

Before laundry arae was cut in.

And new laundry area where the full size stackable washer & dryer will go.

It's getting there:dead:

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Even though I paid a lot of money for this place it was actually a very good deal for the area.
That's sad. It looks like it's coming along, but I would suspect that, needing the work you have done, it would still be around $100,000 max. It's cool what you are doing though. How many folks are working on it???

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
If you're spending that many clams, and have the walls torn up that much, you really should consider putting in two 220V outlets in the laundry room and get a set of Miele stackers. 'Super Capacity' w/d without taking up the floor space of U.S. sized w/d.
You're keeping the wallpaper in the kitchen, right?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:
That's sad. It looks like it's coming along, but I would suspect that, needing the work you have done, it would still be around $100,000 max. It's cool what you are doing though. How many folks are working on it???
I'm doing most of it, I subbed out the electrical to an old school friend who's an electrical contractor. I'm swapping labor for labor for the home theater, I just have to pay for material, I'm subbing the drywall & cabinets and doing the rest myself. To this point I've done everything here other than electrical and move and install the new furnace.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Qman said:
If you're spending that many clams, and have the walls torn up that much, you really should consider putting in two 220V outlets in the laundry room and get a set of Miele stackers. 'Super Capacity' w/d without taking up the floor space of U.S. sized w/d.
You're keeping the wallpaper in the kitchen, right?
I'm getting Kitchen Aid W&D, I was forced to remove the wallpaper:nonono:

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm doing most of it, I subbed out the electrical to an old school friend who's an electrical contractor. I'm swapping labor for labor for the home theater, I just have to pay for material, I'm subbing the drywall & cabinets and doing the rest myself. To this point I've done everything here other than electrical and move and install the new furnace.
Cool - I want to add a bathroom onto our house. Not sure I can pull it off though. I do most of the mechanical stuff around the house, and Julie loves that. :thumb:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm getting Kitchen Aid W&D, I was forced to remove the wallpaper:nonono:
Still, you may want to run another 220 outlet to the laundry room. If you ever sell, it's one of those small, easy touches that says quality to a buyer. Kinda like a finished garage floor (paint/tile etc.)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Qman said:
Still, you may want to run another 220 outlet to the laundry room. If you ever sell, it's one of those small, easy touches that says quality to a buyer. Kinda like a finished garage floor (paint/tile etc.)
Here's the washer we're getting

The W&D will most likly be sold with the house.