Quantcast

So this is what I spent over $1 million dollars for. Part 4

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Well we moved into the new house this last weekend, the old house sold and closes in 2 more days. The house isn't finished yet, but this is where we're at before moving in last Sat & Sun.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

So far it's turning out nice. Now to unpack:dead:

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Whats the property tax rate there on a Mil? I think it would be around 15,000 a year over here...thats stopping me from buying a palace.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Nice work Brian. Do you expect to see much appreciation in your market this year?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nice place.

For a million in TN, you could've bought a mansion and 250 acres of land.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BeerDemon said:
Nice work Brian. Do you expect to see much appreciation in your market this year?
Believe it or not, things are still moving well in this area. Will it last? Probably not, however even if the market crashes for a few years we plan to be here for a while, so it shouldn't effect us. I'e been told by a few agents that have seem my house now I could get close to $1.2+ when the downstairs is finished.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Secret Squirrel said:
Lemme guess.....the countersunk part of the wall is the place where a 62" Plasma (or LCD) TV is going to go...

Very nice work!
That is designed and prewired for a plasma. All the components are located under the stair closet. All you'll see are my freestanding speakers, TV & subwoofer:cool:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Brian HCM#1 said:
That is designed and prewired for a plasma. All the components are located under the stair closet. All you'll see are my freestanding speakers, TV & subwoofer:cool:
where are you going to stash the sub?

and why only 3 speakers?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
where are you going to stash the sub?

and why only 3 speakers?
Sub will go in the right hand corner, It's a Sunfire True Subwoofer 11" cube. Center will be mounted on the wall under the TV. Surround speakers will be mounted in the ceiling.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I forget, how much money did you spend again? And what I'd really like to know is how much more are you GOING to spend?

Gonna have to fill the place up. I hear that you can buy a fridge for $5000. Or $6000 if you look hard enough.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I did a search first and only found house part two.where are all the pics of the whole house?..CT is expensive as heck but dam. a million could get you a nice freakin place...From what I see you made some nice improvements.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ktmsx said:
I did a search first and only found house part two.where are all the pics of the whole house?..CT is expensive as heck but dam. a million could get you a nice freakin place...From what I see you made some nice improvements.
I don't have pics of the whole house. I don't know what happened to the other posts.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Brian HCM#1 said:
I ran out of painted base. I need to paint some more, so I can finish it.

Shame.. I have about 15 sticks in the garage of a house I just sold last nite that I need to get rid of...

...it's primered white already.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
nice fix up...why is everyone so afraid of putting some color in their home though?? maybe some nice texturized/sponge treated walls with a suede look to them or something...

I used to live in Danville in elementary and junior high school...then I got uprooted to South Dakota...talk about a change of pace...:rofl: