Quantcast

SO tired of paying for legit stuff, over and over and over again....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have upgraded to Vista a couple of months ago. Yeah yeah yeah, I know stupid, however, the deed is done.

If I have to pay for one more CD burner software, I'm going to SCREAM! I have been using Nero, and have paid for legal copies of it, had recieved OEM versions with new computers, and now, it won't work with Vista...So the question is, does anyone know of a CD/DVD burning software for free, or where one can acquire one for free?

Thanks.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I did Google, but getting info from people that have used any of the free software tends to help me wade through a lot of garbage. I did the install new version, and then add the serial. What it did was pop up a window offering me a discount on the upgrade.

Thanks!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Doesn't Vista have a burning utility like XP? I've done almost everything I've ever wanted to do with CDs using the utility that comes with XP, the only exception would be burning a boot disk from an ISO image, I had to find my copy of Nero to accomplish that one task.

L

luelling

I'll say what you know :) Vista sucks. Lots of software and hardware companies screwed the pooch on this OS...they had known well in advance it was coming out and yet failed to create new drivers for the OS. It probably MS more bad press than anyone, because people blamed Vista not the hardware/software companies.

I did say Vista sucks for a reason though, security sucks and there are minimum advantages(if any) for the added space and slow speed

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I disable many of the "security features", and have Trend Micro internet security and Webroot spysweeper running, and so far, so good.

The trick with TredMicro is to disable the anti-spam portion of it. There is a free stand alone TrendMicro Anti-Spam that works great.