Quantcast

So, tomorrow I might have to decide on my job situation for the next 10+ years.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It was actually a bit more defined than that, just didnt expand on that because of time. We had way more than just a talk.
We went thru a business plan, went over some estimates, defined the seed capital amount and I even got on a international trip last week (all expenses paid obviously) to meet and sort out suppliers and come up with a more tangible estimate to define the scope of the partnership contract.
Next step (which was coming in the next few weeks)¨was the contract/legal part.
When do they drop off the Porsche?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Well. I took the position at the japanese company.
Ended up taking way more responsability than originally contracted for (took over an entire additional department and went from managing 40 to 65+ people with 21 direct reports, which was insane).

Then, late last year came a new CEO, last month a new division manager and I was laid off last week, after 14 months. (They downsized a previous manager to my position, and then there 2 people doing the same job)

The other company I left is doing fine.
Jumping ship was a really unwise decision, looking back now.
Already called my previous boss. He said there might be something available in january.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ended up taking way more responsability than originally contracted for (took over an entire additional department and went from managing 40 to 65+ people with 21 direct reports, which was insane).

Then, late last year came a new CEO, last month a new division manager and I was laid off last week, after 14 months. (They downsized a previous manager to my position, and then there 2 people doing the same job)

Already called my previous boss. He said there might be something available in january.
Sorry to hear, man. Work sucks.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City

Already called my previous boss. He said there might be something available in January.
Oh man, this stinks! If you hadn't left, though, you would have always wondered if you should have made the jump. You took a risk, and this time, you got burned, but don't let that get you down. While you're waiting till January, start looking for something else. You have experience managing large departments, which will look good on the resume.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Oh man, I had a similar situation when I went to terot.com, but fortunately my old boss took me back. Unfortunately the team never liked me again, so that was awkward. I ended up moving to Ashland a year later.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Oh man, this stinks! If you hadn't left, though, you would have always wondered if you should have made the jump. You took a risk, and this time, you got burned, but don't let that get you down. While you're waiting till January, start looking for something else. You have experience managing large departments, which will look good on the resume.
:stupid:

Speaking as someone who jumped ship after 23 years, good on you dude. It sucks that it worked out this way and I pray to the baby @FSM that the same doesn't happen to me. But I will never regret taking the chance. I'm still a big believer that if you're looking for other work, the relationship is already over. I hope something works out for you, you're a smart dude, you'll be fine.

In the meantime, ride bikes! :rockout:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Sorry about that Alexis. Best of luck.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Sick burn!!
But TBF, that trail network is so fucking boring on a struggle-buggy. The real fun there is going uphill Mach-looney. In the real mountains, enduro bikes are best.

Last edited: