Quantcast

So we got this Cavalier King Charles Spaniel....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
About 4 months after losing Alaina. Wife thought it would be good therapy and help us get out of our depression. Sammy grows up to be an eating machine, and the cutest, most lovable lap dog one could want. Seems the breed is very mellow, though when we'd come home from work, he'd proceed to "sass" us by barking, kind of like he was telling us what everyone had done that day. And how he'd love to go on trips, smell the smells, enjoy the trails.

Fast forward, and he's diagnosed with canine cancer (liver, I believe). We do our best to make him comfortable. He still had his sassing, tail wagging, appetite, until we come home last night. He's bleeding out, it's time. Call the vet, take him in, tell him how much we love him, to go to Alaina, play with the mammoths, and say good-bye. Buried him in our backyard this morning.

See you at the Rainbow Bridge, Sammy. Help the mammoths keep Alaina warm and safe, ok?

Love you, Sammy.................................

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Sorry for your loss . Did you end up adopting the dog you took to the shelter ?
Funny you should ask, and thanks for remembering. Wife and I went to the shelter 2 weeks after taking him in, asked to see him, and we were told he was adopted about an hour earlier. I happy jumped, because he now had a home. Would we have adopted him? At that moment, we really don't know. He would've been a super cool dog to have. Oh, and his "depression" I noticed a week after taking him in? Apparently, he had pnuemonia. Figures, since the kennel was cement and cold/wet. He was treated.

Just hope the new family enjoys an active dog.

And all, thanks for your words. No, losing a dog is nothing like losing a child, however, knowing they're together is some comfort......