Quantcast

So what are the latest dates for the Wolf Laurel races???

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
I,ve seen slalom on july 7th and the dh finals on august 17/18th??? so are these dates correct?

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
cool-I'm on call aaaallllllllll this week and the weekend so Im screwed for that one but what about the other dates?? just need to confirm July 7th?? and aug. 17/18th??

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Wolfridge DS/DH Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slalom:Scenic Wolf Resort and MBRP Inc., invite all ages and classes of riders from beginners to the regions top professional racers to compete in Head-to-Head dual slalom racing action!

Saturday Night Thunder Dual Slalom Mountain Bike Race Series. Three classes will be offered to male and female participants: 1) Open/Pro/Expert, 2) Sport/Intermidiate and 3) Beginner/First Timer. Kids 12 and under race free!

July 7 and August 18 -June 23 cancelled due to slope construction.
These races will have day-of-race practice and registration only. Practice open from 12-3pm. Registration open from 11am- 1pm. Racing starts at 4pm.

All entry fees are $35 and include one-trip buffet in Lodge Restaurant Saturday Night. (yes you can pile your plate)

Cash Purse to Pro/open class, paying 5 deep. Product prizes to all other classes, 5 deep.

Lodging: http://www.scenicwolfresort.comCabins - no camping

What to do Sunday? Travel 15 minutes from the resort to the Pisgah National Forest and experience the little known Coleman Boundary- a trail network that offers epic rides, breath-taking waterfalls and of course, 2,000 feet of descent in only two miles... Meet at the lodge parking lot at 10am Sunday if you would like to join in.

------------------------------
Downhill:
Scenic Wolf Resort, Breakaway Village and MBRP, Inc are excited to host the North Carolina State Downhill Mountain Biking Champion, 2007!
Three classes will be offered to male and female participants: 1) Open/Pro/Expert, 2) Sport/Intermidiate and 3) Beginner/First Timer. Kids 12 and under race free! 1-run race format NMBS format. One course, easy lines, cheater lines, ninja lines...

August 17 and 18. Course will be open for practice Friday 17 from 12- 6pm. Saturday practice 8:30-10 am. Race starts at 11am. Registration open Friday from 12- 6pm. Saturday registration open from 8- 9am

All entry fees are $50 and include one-trip buffet in Lodge Restaurant Saturday Night. (yes you can pile your plate)

Cash Purse to Pro/open class, paying 5 deep. Product prizes to all other classes, 5 deep.

Lodging:http://www.scenicwolfresort.comCabins - no camping

What to do Sunday? Travel 15 minutes from the resort to the Pisgah National Forest and experience the little known Coleman Boundary- a trail network that offers epic rides, breath-taking waterfalls and of course, 2,000 feet of descent in only two miles... Meet at the lodge parking lot at 10am Sunday if you would like to join in.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Course design acknowledges those with 165mm cranks...I am hoping there are plenty of kids that want to race, course will seem like a mile long for them! Looking forward to seeing him rip it!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Course design acknowledges those with 165mm cranks...I am hoping there are plenty of kids that want to race, course will seem like a mile long for them! Looking forward to seeing him rip it!
I will try and come out and bring some of the ETSU guys if you can give me a heads up on construction dates!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001

sweet! Finally a course tailor made for me! :clapping:

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
From pics I've seen- and from seeing him in action, some norba-heads could get embarressed! Any tricky part of the course has option lines for those who chose so. Plus, the loam softens the blow!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet! just spoke w/ the wife and as long as i can get july 7th off, we'll be there for the DS and most definitely for the DH in august :thumb:

one more thing...how far is wolf from sugar? i think we'll try to get in a few shuttle runs at sugar before the DS race if it's not too far apart.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
sweet! just spoke w/ the wife and as long as i can get july 7th off, we'll be there for the DS and most definitely for the DH in august :thumb:

one more thing...how far is wolf from sugar? i think we'll try to get in a few shuttle runs at sugar before the DS race if it's not too far apart.
look on your map and follow the line from Mars Hills to Burnsville to Spruce Pine to Linville and that's how you go from Wolf.
It's around an 1-1/2 hour drive depending on traffic.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Slalom racing only this weekend. If guys want a local lift-assist bike park, you need to show strong support for the park by bringing everyone you know this saturday- racers and spectators alike.

After the dust settles, bbq ribs will be served to racers for free. $10 per person for those not registered to race.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Slalom racing only this weekend. If guys want a local lift-assist bike park, you need to show strong support for the park by bringing everyone you know this saturday- racers and spectators alike.

After the dust settles, bbq ribs will be served to racers for free. $10 per person for those not registered to race.
Any pics of the DS course???? That may help people get out there.

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
I had planned to be there but not going to be able to make it unfortunatly...hope everyone has fun...deffinitly making the next one...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'd definitely be there if I hadn't made the commitment to go back to Snowshoe for some riding. I'll be at the next one.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
“Saturday Night Thunder”
Dual Slalom Race
July 7th​

The schedule has been changed for this Saturday's race. There is now more practice in the morning and an earlier start time after qualifying is finished. The original 4pm race start time has been moved to 2pm.

Schedule of Events:
Dual Slalom July 7th
Practice 9 AM - 12 PM
Rider Meeting 12:15 PM
Qualifying 12:30 PM
Race following Qualifying

Awards Ceremony After Cook-out Dinner
Cash Purse- Top 5 Pro Classes
Product Prizes- Top 5 Amateur Classes

Register on-site July 7th 9 - 11:30 AM
Dual Slalom Entry Fee: $35
Kids 12 & under race Dual Slalom Free
Dinner Included in Entry Fee

Directions:
Wolf Ridge Ski Resort is located 15 minutes off of Exit 3 on I-26 in NC, approx 30 minutes north of Asheville. From exit follow resort signs to Wolfridge Rd. Ascend 2 miles to new Upper Lodge.

Lodging:
Cabin rentals are available at ww.scenicwolfresort.com. No camping at resort.

Rooms: Erwin, TN, only 20 minutes from resort. ENJOY A ROOM WITH A VIEW. FREE Continental Breakfast. Discounted Rates for bikers.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So Ryan whats up with the course? Is it straight up dual slalom all the way down, or what? Any course highlights? Big jumps? grassy turns? :clue:

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Steep start shoot into hip, into double, into flat grass turn, into double, into flat grass turn, into berm, into flat grass, into step up, into berm, into berm, into double, into berm, into berm, into berm, into double, into double= finish line. whew! i think that is all of it. A good 300+ feet.