Quantcast

So what do you do when you don't get your CD???

J

JRB

That someone was supposed to be making. I understand that socialites have their work to do, but those of us that have oppressive media pushing bad tunes down their throats need help. Maybe they could stop ironing their Tommy Hillfiger leopard prints for one night to burn the tunes. :D

*I really have XM, but want my damn Fun Lovin Criminals tunes. I am gonna have to buy it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
That someone was supposed to be making. I understand that socialites have their work to do, but those of us that have oppressive media pushing bad tunes down their throats need help. Maybe they could stop ironing their Tommy Hillfiger leopard prints for one night to burn the tunes. :D

*I really have XM, but want my damn Fun Lovin Criminals tunes. I am gonna have to buy it.
Goddamn you...I will try and get it done this week. I have been super super busy. I'll at least burn the two for you...I already have the song list for the Loco-Gringo Ultra Mega Mega Mix...it's just taking the time to dl what I don't have and get it together...I will try for this week, if not I will at least burn what I have...phucker.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
Cool - you compete??? You better???

Hell no. Still cant even ride yet. Next year though, Im shooting for the Div 2 Natl. DH championship. Fo real. Its a very reachable goal and as soon as I get better, Im gunna be training like Rocky.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
BurlySurly said:
Its a very reachable goal and as soon as I get better, Im gunna be training like Rocky.
Yeah, but instead of listening to Survivor he'll be listening to Dire Straits.

J

JRB

In case anyone cares, which they likely don't, I got my cds from dh girlie and they are good. :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
good to hear. at first when i read this thread i thought it was directed at me!
I got mine too! thanks...haven't listened yet though cuz I didn't get through my mail till last night! I brought you a cool little trinket from Meheeeeco...from Isla Mujeres to be exact! Nothin big, just a token of my appreciation, but I think you'll like it...you like punk right???

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlyShirley said:
Hell no. Still cant even ride yet. Next year though, Im shooting for the Div 2 Natl. DH championship. Fo real. Its a very reachable goal and as soon as I get better, Im gunna be training like Rocky.
except youll be wearing leg warmers and listening to flash dance not eye of the tiger :nuts:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i dont understand it. decades of love birds have made mix tapes for each other for years and years. now that its cd's the gov'ment is cracking down on it big time. I dont wanna seem like a jerk but i think locking that thread was a little trigger happy. I usually appreciate the mods and the job they do but that sucked.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
biggins said:
i dont understand it. decades of love birds have made mix tapes for each other for years and years. now that its cd's the gov'ment is cracking down on it big time. I dont wanna seem like a jerk but i think locking that thread was a little trigger happy. I usually appreciate the mods and the job they do but that sucked.
doing that in a small manner, like for your girlfriend as in high fidelity, is one thing. doing it in a widespread manner with semi-random people, as in your thread or on filesharing networks, is another. the second is more likely to get ridemonkey in trouble, methinks.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
what wrong with the Dire Straits?

and when did Burly Sirly get his custom title to "assistant ball fondler"?

J

JRB

mack said:
what wrong with the Dire Straits?

and when did Burly Sirly get his custom title to "assistant ball fondler"?
Nothing and well over a month ago. The same day I got mine.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
doing that in a small manner, like for your girlfriend as in high fidelity, is one thing. doing it in a widespread manner with semi-random people, as in your thread or on filesharing networks, is another. the second is more likely to get ridemonkey in trouble, methinks.
if the prospect of a couple dozen people making compilation cdrs for each other is such a big threat to the RIAA, they've got their head so far up the arse their adam's apple is tickling their duodenum.

it's been my experience that practices like that actually encourage sales of music.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
if the prospect of a couple dozen people making compilation cdrs for each other is such a big threat to the RIAA, they've got their head so far up the arse their adam's apple is tickling their duodenum.

it's been my experience that practices like that actually encourage sales of music.

i agree with you, of course :D, but i can also see why RM wouldn't want a thread dedicated to mix-cd burning and swapping amongst those who post in it, since it just might open up RM to liability, as stupid as that concept may be