Quantcast

So what does a man really like in a woman?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Doesn't say what you are like if you like all her parts though...

So what does a man really like in a woman? Go figure
Alemeda Times Star | 3 Sep

IF, FOR THE past 10 years, I had been required to spend every day looking at pictures of nude women, there's a good chance I would have ended up with protruding eyeballs, sweaty palms and a tendency to giggle inappropriately.
But professor Nancy Hirschbergh of Illinois University did exactly that and got away with it -- partly because she is a woman and partly because she was conducting a scientific psychological study.

In the study, male test subjects were shown pictures of nude females with varied sizes of breasts, buttocks and legs. Each subject was asked to pick the picture he preferred, and all men were later given a personality test. Then the professor announced the results of her 10-year dirty-picture exhibition. Her research showed, she said, that there was a significant correlation between men's anatomical preferences and their own personalities.

Men who liked women with large breasts, for example, were found to be "outgoing, show-offy, and independent," and "don't care to help other people."

Men who preferred women with large buttocks were "orderly, socially dependent, guilty, and self-abasing."

And men who liked what the survey called "leggy women" were found to be "socially active and willing to help others."

WHAT BOTHERED me was that the study perpetuated the stereotype of men falling into just three categories: Bust Men, Fanny Men and Leg Men.

What about people like myself, who are excited by a woman with an engaging mouth? One reason I watched "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," for example, was that Mary's large, attractive mouth drove me crazy. Throw in a slight overbite -- like that of Julie Andrews or Anne Jeffries or Jean Simmons -- it's sometimes all I can do to keep from banging my head against the wall.

Professor Hirschbergh had nice things to say about the Leg Man, but if his interests had extended just a few inches lower he would not have been called a Foot Man, but a foot "fetishist" -- a synonym, in some people's minds, for "pervert."

I have a male friend who is fascinated by women's ears. A woman with cute ears can cause his eyes to glaze over, yet he has managed to live a relatively normal life.

This raises serious questions. Why should men like my friend and me be considered weird? Must our woman-watching be confined to chest, rump and thigh? Does any other area of interest make us fetishists? Is an Italian fetishist a fetishino?

I DON'T KNOW those answers, but I think it's a sad day for science when a 10-year study is based on the myth that men have only three things on their mind.

I sympathize with women who say they are sick and tired of being viewed as a sex object. But I'm getting a little sick and tired of being viewed as a sex adjective.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
llkoolkeg said:
I am most fascinated by the parts I have not.
Yeppers, and not coincidentally, the answer to:

"So what does a man really like in a woman?"

is "himself."

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BOOTY!!!

and of course, brains, personality, sense of humor, passion, determination and a willingness to be adventurous.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
My wife to be has it all... legs, eyes, BOOTY,Brains, nice boobs, personality, sense of humor, loves watching mountain bike races. What kind of man does that make me.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dhtahoe said:
My wife to be has it all... legs, eyes, BOOTY,Brains, nice boobs, personality, sense of humor, loves watching mountain bike races. What kind of man does that make me.
Stoked I should think :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dhtahoe said:
the kind that stole my wife to be. ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I went to the video store to rent Passion of the Christ, but they were out, so I got Hellboy instead.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
biggins said:
is this really too much to ask?

i also prefer my women to not wear any makeup.
I was going to post, but you said exactly what I like (and actually found) in a woman.
No, its not too much to ask, but not necessarilty easy to find either.