Quantcast

So what is your town known for?

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Well this week starts Tulip time in Holland, MI a weird local festival in which almost all the town dresses up in dutch costumes and dances in the street. It really is quite a bewildering sight to see.

here are some pics

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Philadelphia........

Throwing batteries/snowballs at Santa Clause.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
jdcamb said:
Where did they go? Not many left here either?? I live 10 miles from Hill Comorrah.
Bwahaha. Go find the gold plates for me.

They all ran away from Salt Lake into the suburbs...Now it's a liberal hipster bastion in a sea of Jesus. Think toned down Portland.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland, OR? Strippers!!! Most strip clubs per capita in the USA. :thumb:

Not only that, but Oregon clubs are "all nude" :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
blue said:
Bwahaha. Go find the gold plates for me.

They all ran away from Salt Lake into the suburbs...Now it's a liberal hipster bastion in a sea of Jesus. Think toned down Portland.
portland's got way better brewpubs and record stores than SLC can dream of.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I live in HORSE TOWN USA!! YEEEE- HAW!

Seriously, this place has 88+ miles of horse trails instead of sidewalks. Most businesses have hitchin posts outside, and a couple of weeks ago it was HORSE WEEK. The rodeo was in town and they had a parade 'N Everythang!

There's a llama farm up the road, the side street next to my house is a dirt road, my neighbors chickens are in my yard and I've got two corrals in the backyard.

Who says there's no rednecks in Southern California?!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
jay leno and suburban white kids wearing pink polo shirts with popped collars. i dont exactly fit in...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
wine, wineries, wine tasting, expensive (but good restaurants), horses, mini horses, ranches, did I mention wine tasting? The town consists of 2x3 blocks without a gas station.

I was urban riding today in Solvang, a town 4mi away. We were so bored.

geargrrl said:
methamphetamine and the '74 Expo-Worlds Fair
Seattle!

What do I win?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
maxyedor said:
Dude you gotta move. But I currently live in Oxnard Ca. we're known for strawberries and migrant workers. So I ain't doing a whole hell of alot better.
You forgot Sox hats to rep S. Oxnard. :rofl:

In Ojai we're known for being a boring town.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
My hometown of Indiana, PA clings desperately to being the birthplace of Jimmy Stewart. JS Blvd, JS Airport, JS Courthouse, etc. etc. They turn the downtown area in to "It's A Wonderful Life" every year.

They may still claim to be the Christmas tree capital of the world but it certainly isn't true anymore.

The town I live in now doesn't really have anything going for it.