Quantcast

So what jeans do YOU wear?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I wear American Eagle low rise boot cut...ONLY

Why? Because i work for them and i get a killer deal, oh and they are comfortable as hell...

:monkey:s should wear them as well...

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I have a pair of Gap jeans on right now that are my favorite. My AE jeans are pretty good. I thought I liked a pair of Aero jeans that I just bought but now I dont so much. I wore out a pair of Polo jeans that were my all time favorite. But my Gap sweats are the bestest. They make me look like MC Hammer. So comfy.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I wear American Eagle low rise boot cut...ONLY

Why?....
'cause you like to show off the thong? :p

Anyone remember when guy's jeans came in 2 styles...pre-washed and not? Last time I bought a pair of jeans I had to double check that I wasn't in the women's department. Boot-cut, low-rise, taper leg, relaxed, loose, slim, comfort...wtf! Hell, you can even buy them pre-ripped for a little extra $. I'm thinking of selling all my broken-in jeans for a cool ben a pair. I'll even attempt to document each stain and rip for you. :rolleyes:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
N8 said:
Anyone who buys jeans (or anything else) at Abercrombie has been pwn3d by mirage of elitism...

:p:p:p
I love how everyone acts like abercrombie is like the most $$$ crap ever...there stuff is good, and it lasts forever...shirts suck, but the jeans rock...you get what you pay for...old navy garbage falls apart real fast...i can wipe grease all over my AE jeans wash them then wear them to work day in and day out...why i would do that i have no idea...ok im done...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BikeGeek said:
'cause you like to show off the thong? :p

Anyone remember when guy's jeans came in 2 styles...pre-washed and not? Last time I bought a pair of jeans I had to double check that I wasn't in the women's department. Boot-cut, low-rise, taper leg, relaxed, loose, slim, comfort...wtf! Hell, you can even buy them pre-ripped for a little extra $. I'm thinking of selling all my broken-in jeans for a cool ben a pair. I'll even attempt to document each stain and rip for you. :rolleyes:
this argument is so tired...yeah now you have to have a slightly higher iq to buy jeans because you have more choices who cares...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the Metro-ization of the american male is occurring at a fast clip. that is the only explanation for the plethora of jeans choices today.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
the Metro-ization of the american male is occurring at a fast clip. that is the only explanation for the plethora of jeans choices today.
anything is better than the big baggy fad that everyone was rocking years back...i think we got alot of this metro stuff from europe, and i say :thumb: to that, remember boss and jenco? leave that crap to the hip hop crowd now:dead:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
manhattanprjkt83 said:
anything is better than the big baggy fad that everyone was rocking years back...i think we got alot of this metro stuff from europe, and i say :thumb: to that, remember boss and jenco? leave that crap to the hip hop crowd now:dead:

Rubbish... Good ol' American Levi 501's have been around for decades.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Volcom jeans fit me best, unfortunatley they cost about $60 :eek: My girlfireind used to work for O'neill so I got them cheaper and I stocked up. :D

I try on Levis now and again but they just don't fit me right.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I recently tore a large hole in my favortie jeans while ducking through some bushes in the dark. I was so bummed that I attempted to fix them by using and iron-on patch on the inside and then sewing the flap for extra strength. It actually came out okay in the end. The sad part is that people have asked me if I bought the jeans that way or repaired them myself. Why would someone pay extra for "distressed" clothes when you can get used clothes for cheap at the thrift store????

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
punkassean said:
I recently tore a large hole in my favortie jeans while ducking through some bushes in the dark.
Yeah, I've torn pants while running from the cops, too.

punkassean said:
Why would someone pay extra for "distressed" clothes when you can get used clothes for cheap at the thrift store????
I agree, but you must realize, that's argument is identical to "why would anyone pay for a bottle of water when you can get it from a tap for free?" Both are perplexing to me, but then again, I don't buy pre-torn pants or bottles of water.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I wear whatever is on sale at target. Today I am wearin Wranglers. (yee haw). Levis are OK but getting expensive. 501's are made for skinny people with no leg muscles.

I just don't understand paying 50 bucks for jeans... it's not like cotton denim fabric is expensive.

No blue oyster bar for me!!!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i dont pay those prices for my jeans, my mom is in the fashion/movie buisness and gets huge discounts or free for all my clothing. ebay is also a wonderfull tool

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ciaran said:
I just don't understand paying 50 bucks for jeans... it's not like cotton denim fabric is expensive.

No blue oyster bar for me!!!
Most of it is sourced from asia and mexico, but there is a HUGE difference in jeans...the fit,wash,denim quaility,and wear...I dont understand how someone can NOT tell the difference, my only conclusion is that they have never worn a pair of good jeans...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
manhattanprjkt83 - RM newest metrosexual?
stinkyboy said:
Abercrombie cargo shorts are all I own, because they're comfortable as hell.
comfy, agreed. mine lasted for quite a while. but once they started to frey, they died a quick death.
captainpolution said:
levi 501's
get em used from a thrift store for 4-7 dollars
here, they're labelled "VINTAGE!" and carry a $30 tag.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Most of it is sourced from asia and mexico, but there is a HUGE difference in jeans...the fit,wash,denim quaility,and wear...I dont understand how someone can NOT tell the difference, my only conclusion is that they have never worn a pair of good jeans...
Puh-lease! They're freaking jeans. You get a good design/pattern for them, you buy good denim, you have the little chinese kids make em. Even these American designers get em made overseas. And the ones that truely are made in the USA... you think there are highly paid American workers making them? Nope... illegal aliens do the sewing. Also, it's piece work so they sew them as fast as they can. So those expensive jeans that you are wearing were made by 10 illegals. And cotton denim fabric is not expensive.

I've worn my share of expensive jeans. And more than that I have MADE more than my share of jeans (along with hundreds of other articles of clothing). If you are paying 50.00 or more for jeans you are paying for the label.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
the Inbred said:
comfy, agreed. mine lasted for quite a while. but once they started to frey, they died a quick death.
Most of mine are shredded, and everyone gets to see what boxer pattern I'm wearing that day. (Hot dogs and hamburgers today)
:rolleyes:

I'm professional from the waist up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only difference between cheap and expensive jeans that I have seen is fit and material thickness. Cheap is obviously thinner and is more likely to have differences in size measurements. In other words each pair of cheap jeans have to be tried on because a 32" waist could be 31.5" or 32.5"

I go with cheap Old Navy jeans or Levis.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
stinkyboy said:
Most of mine are shredded, and everyone gets to see what boxer pattern I'm wearing that day. (Hot dogs and hamburgers today)
:rolleyes:

I'm professional from the waist up.
i had a pair like that. no button, zipper worked only half the time, view of boxer patter from the rear in 3 locations, hole in the crotch (offered another view of boxers), one leg held together with 2 safety pins, both rear pockets useless 'cause of holes. but damn were they comfortable.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Smelly said:
I agree, but you must realize, that's argument is identical to "why would anyone pay for a bottle of water when you can get it from a tap for free?" Both are perplexing to me, but then again, I don't buy pre-torn pants or bottles of water.
I buy reverse osmosis water for $1-gallon because our tap here is not only nasty tasting but full of junk I don't care to consume. If you live in Tahoe or someplace with tasty clean tap and still buy bottles then you are stupid, but most places have terrible tap.

J

JRB

Lee Dungarees and I got a couple of pairs of Quicksilver jeans that are comfy, but they shrunk. Oh well, I don't have anyone to impress. :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
Lee Dungarees and I got a couple of pairs of Quicksilver jeans that are comfy, but they shrunk. Oh well, I don't have anyone to impress. :think:
Lies! All lies!!! I know you're wearin them Wranglers with the too big belt buckle!

;)