Quantcast

So what jeans do YOU wear?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
johnbryanpeters said:
I guess you don't get out in the blackcaps or thorny brush... Oh, yeah, one of them city boys...
I get out and usually only wear shorts.

Skin heals. Heat stroke sucks. Not to mention the chafing that would go on wearing denim in the heat.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
this argument is so tired...yeah now you have to have a slightly higher iq to buy jeans because you have more choices who cares...
I'm not arguing anything. Buy what you want and find comfortable, I honestly couldn't care less. I was simply commenting on how things have changed.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I wear anything that: fits, is from Value Village (cheap), and is still intact. Right now I'm wearing Levi's, but the cuffs are a little small and they ride up on my shoes. But they cost me $3 :D

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
My most exspensive jeans are Enties jeans. I got them 1/2 off for $15, I have some levis that I got from a friend, but I have a lot of Rustler jeans, which are $8.88 at walmart and I like them the best!

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
I have two pairs of Levis 569 loose straight jeans. But my all time fovorite pants are Dickies double knee work pants. I have about a dozen pair of them. When I see them on sale for $20 / pair, I stock up.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I own mostly designer jeans. The majority of the girls I know tell me that guys look better when they're dressed nicely. Since I have no sense of fashon other than what I'm told by the women in my life, I take it as fact. I'm just smart about it and pay $50 (instead of $200+) by buying them at the Nordstrom Rack instead of Neiman Marcus or Urban Outfitters.

The denim is better quality in the nicer jeans. The tailoring is better - its the kids in the shops in China with the most experience that make them. On top of it all, they look better than regular jeans and are really comfortable.

I do have the second-hand $4 Levis and $12 Dickies from Wal-Mart that are used for working/riding my bike.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Levis, they fit me good, and Volcoms for riding, they do a great model which are cut like cycling shorts with a single large crotch panel which is hard to rip.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Changleen said:
Levis, they fit me good, and Volcoms for riding, they do a great model which are cut like cycling shorts with a single large crotch panel which is hard to rip.

i could never ride with jeans.. they get all messy and tangled on the chainring...

how you do?

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
wow. Huge arguments over jeans!

I say if they fit and are comfortable, who cares. And since this is a cycling forum, I'm sure there are people in here who's legs are larger in proportion than the average cat (those here who actually ride). I've found that carhartts and some levis, I have no idea what #, fit over my thunder thighs. Carhartts have become frat-tacular around here recently, but so what. You can get them cheap at the co-op or hardware store, are comfy and will hold up to actaully being outside.

i've got a couple pairs of GAP loose fit jeans that I have distressed myself by wearing them. I also repair them with lime green or orange thread for that one-of-a-kind look. I've got dickies and carharts with the double knee for anything except looking pretty. Lucky brand are alright, but too expensive.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
robdamanii said:
How do you figure? Lots of people wear AE and Abercrombie stuff.

Does that make us all metro?
yeah seriously...go to any college, that is like the uniform...I guess fashion sense and most mountain bikers is usually not synonymous. :rolleyes:

how am i metro because i wear jeans that arent walmart garbage?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
narlus said:
maybe women's jeans are different, but think of all the farts which have passed through that fabric.

they are mens jeans. when wearing used pants, farts are the least of your worries. thats why i use this thing called a washing machine. gets most everything out. what it doesn't remove probably won't kill me.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Radarr said:
I own mostly designer jeans. The majority of the girls I know tell me that guys look better when they're dressed nicely. Since I have no sense of fashon other than what I'm told by the women in my life, I take it as fact. I'm just smart about it and pay $50 (instead of $200+) by buying them at the Nordstrom Rack instead of Neiman Marcus or Urban Outfitters.

The denim is better quality in the nicer jeans. The tailoring is better - its the kids in the shops in China with the most experience that make them. On top of it all, they look better than regular jeans and are really comfortable.

oh yeah, this denim looks like a much higher quallity than the levis i've got that are older than me. this is a freakin 400 dollar pair of jeans. There's not a denim on the face of the planet worth that much. the majority of girls you know think guys look better when they wear clothes that show off how much money they make.

Wumpus said:
I get out and usually only wear shorts.

Skin heals. Heat stroke sucks. Not to mention the chafing that would go on wearing denim in the heat.
Yeah, I wear shorts mostly in the summer and put up with the blood. I haven't really noticed that much thermal difference, and chafing has never been an issue, but I'm not in Texas.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Heh, funny thread. I hadn't opened it before this morning.

Here are my rules for jeans:

a) When I've been single and poor, I've bought what's cheap.
b) When I've been single and rich, I've bought what's comfortable... and cheap.
c) When I'm in a relationship, I buy the jeans that the girl says look best on me... as long as they're comfortable. And cheap.

Super rugged jeans are fine, but just because they're rugged doesn't mean they look good after a few years. You can clearly tell when a pair of jeans is old, whether or not they're rugged enough to resist rips.

I have three kinds of jeans. Work jeans, wear jeans, and junk jeans. The junk ones have stains and tears, the wear jeans are every day pants, and I usually have one nice pair that I can wear on Fridays at work. As a pair wears, it gets moved down the line until they get thrown out.

I end up with a lot of Old Navy jeans because that's about the only place I can deal with shopping at; I know where everything is and don't have to dig through sixty-five different types.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Changleen said:
i searched long and hard for jeans i could wear riding. finally said "**** it" and bought some Dickies navy blue that i wear a chamois under.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I am a fan of abercrombie jeans for two reasons.
1. the jeans are quality and not all of them are outrageous
2. after I got overcharged ten dollars i was sent a 25 gift cerificate

cool in my book
However i will admit that they sell some stupid stuff like outrageous 200 dollar jeans with paint stains on them. pretty stupid
Anyhoo those are my feelings on fashion:p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yeah seriously...go to any college, that is like the uniform...I guess fashion sense and most mountain bikers is usually not synonymous. :rolleyes:

how am i metro because i wear jeans that arent walmart garbage?
I think you are taking this fashion thing a little too seriously.

Function before fashion.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Now that is pair of fugly 550$ Jeans... :rolleyes: hahaha...It's pathetic how people can deliberatly choose to get assraped in the name of fashion.

Didn't somebody say it should be a duty to separate an idiot from his money? :p

mikesbikes

Chimp
Nov 10, 2005
I have never been able to fit into 501's because the thighs and ass fit to tight. The main thing I look for is jeans that fit my fat ass and legs. I don't get hyped about brand as long as they fit, period!