So what Parts have you broke.

What parts have you broken/worn out

• Total voters

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
How the hell do you break a headset?
A while back I noticed my headset kept loosening up. I eventually had it almost as tight as the bolt would/should go to get it right. Took it apart and the top cup had cracked all the way around near where it goes into the frame. It was an FSA Pig DH Pro, not cheap or light...took it in to get fixed and the mechanic noticed the frame was cracked too (Tomac 204). No idea how that happened.

I've pretty much broken all the stuff listed except a fork and crankset (bent one a bit, but I still use it). Broke handlebars this year. That was cool.

Jun 11, 2004
Broke all kinds of stuff, but I used to snap those old tapered BB's regularly. :disgust1:

Here is a pic of a nice little mess from last year:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've broken and worn out everything except a stem.

The weirdest thing I ever broken was a shoe, while my foot was in it.
The foot was fine but the sole of the shoe was in half, and the DH pedal got bent as well.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I've broken and worn out everything except a stem.

The weirdest thing I ever broken was a shoe, while my foot was in it.
The foot was fine but the sole of the shoe was in half, and the DH pedal got bent as well.
I broke a shoe in Moab. That was weird, but not as weird as me not checking my shoe until the ride ended 2 hours later. I had just assumed a rock had gotten stuck somewhere, but it wasn't bad enough for me to get off the bike. Whatev.