Quantcast

So, what should I do with all this ELK?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A friend gave me a few pounds of ground elk, as well as about five feet of elk sausage.

The sausage will end up being grilled, but I don't know what to do with the ground. Any recipes you can recommend?
Should it be mixed with some beef or pork and burger'd up?

Hit me.

Thanks.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
A friend gave me a few pounds of ground elk, as well as about five feet of elk sausage.

The sausage will end up being grilled, but I don't know what to do with the ground. Any recipes you can recommend?
Should it be mixed with some beef or pork and burger'd up?

Hit me.

Thanks.
we always made chili or burritos with venison.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you could make some good indian dishes with it too. or ethiopian.

burgers would be good though.

if it was a flank cut, i'd say make jerky.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
a few pounds? for phuck sakes eat it and carry on! I kill two elk a year and its gone before winter. i suggest leaving your testicles in the lounge and start posting in the mud hunnies forum
:rofl:

No, Mr. Awesome. I meant I've never had it before, and didn't know if it was good on its own or if it's better prepared some other way.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taco meat with ground elk is a pretty common no-fail meal in our house. Taco seasoning, lots of cut up veggies, beans, and some cheesy tortillas.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't eat much meat, basically zero during the week, and maybe once or twice on weekends, but what the heck is the problem here? If someone gave it to me, I'd make: tacos, spaghetti, hamburgers, burritos, italian style sausage dishes with pasta, chili, and on and on. Lots of these can be spiced in very imaginative ways, in terms of working stuff into the meat.

Last edited: