Quantcast

So what's a dumber vehicle?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
H2?

Porsche Cayenne?

I'd still have to say the H2 is dumber. While the Porsche is a worthless offroad/poser vehicle (regardless of how capable it may be, who would have the balls to actually go wheelin' with it?)......at least it's still a Porsche!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
At least the Cayenne was adding to the Porsche bottom line...

The thinking behind the H2 is why GM is having to layoff 30k workers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think the H2 is a travesty.

If I had the bucks and didn't live in a place where I'd stick out like a sore thumb, I'd rock the Cayenne. Some magazine actually did an off road test with it and it didn't do too badly at all - imagine, a vehicle that accellerates like a madman, yet slap some new wheels & tires on it, and you actually have a capable winter/shuttle vehicle. And you get the Porsche name and build quality - not too shabby.

Of course, 98% of the people that own the Cayanne should just buy a sedan and be done with it. But for my purposes, I'm sure it'd be a fun vehicle :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I saw a show on ESPN2 where they reviewed the Cayenne and did some basic offroad testing with it. They gave it very high ratings. They tried to roll it but couldn't.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
I saw a show on ESPN2 where they reviewed the Cayenne and did some basic offroad testing with it. They gave it very high ratings. They tried to roll it but couldn't.
If I recall correctly, it's almost the same vehicle as the VW Touareg....which also got very high marks off road...

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Dude, The Porsche is a sports car in the shape of an SUV, Also it has the highest resale value of any vehicle. The H2 is just a box and a Tahoe frame.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The H2. The cayenne isn't bad, it was never meant to be a truck. It's a great vehicle for someone who needs to haul around a couple of kids and their stuff, but still wants something with a little spunk. It does have a purpose aside from just being a status symbol.

The H2 is good for people who want to spend $90 at the pump every week and $250 at the mechanic every month. It's purely a status symbol/conversation piece.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
my buddy just bought a cayanne s version, its a nice vehicle (cant really qualify it as neither car nor truck)
Hes telling me this offroad thing and this button does this. So I ask him to put his Porsche where his mouth is and offered to take him on a wheeling trip; oddly enough he was all for it. We havent gotten to get out yet, but he does sound interested.
I, for one, will believe it when I see it, but at least hes entertaining the idea

BTW, it was developed in conjunction with teh VW. Both have their own suspension, trans and engines, but the chassis and electrics are both viturally the same

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Joe Pozer said:
At least the Cayenne was adding to the Porsche bottom line...

The thinking behind the H2 is why GM is having to layoff 30k workers.

Where did you come up with this? Just making it up as you go along?

Automotive news said:
Cayenne's U.S. sales are not so hot

By Diana T. Kurylko
Automotive News / November 21, 2005

Cold Cayenne
2005 U.S. sales of the Porsche Cayenne SUV have been down every month year to year.

2005 2004 % change
Jan. 1,071 1,374 –22.1
Feb. 990 1,240 –20.2
Mar. 1,032 1,421 –27.4
April 1,071 1,738 –38.4
May 1,268 1,372 –7.6
June 1,143 1,449 –21.1
July 1,160 1,393 –16.7
Aug. 1,071 1,432 –25.2
Sept. 997 1,342 –25.7
Oct. 1,104 2,075 –46.8
10 mos. 10,907 14,836 –26.5
Source: Automotive News Data Center

Less than three years since its U.S. debut, the Porsche Cayenne has run out of steam with sales here slumping for the 10th month in a row.

actually it isnt that bad of a statement. But some how the brand of Hummer vehicles is still doing ok compared to the rest of the SUV market.

I am also bored and that story came across my desk this AM

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:
H2?

Porsche Cayenne?

I'd still have to say the H2 is dumber. While the Porsche is a worthless offroad/poser vehicle (regardless of how capable it may be, who would have the balls to actually go wheelin' with it?)......at least it's still a Porsche!
Those two vehicles are rocket scientists compared to a Jeep Liberty.

;)

Liberty's are dumb, Mmmm-kay.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Well I think the H2 (Taho chassies) would tow my boat better. I will stick with my 3/4 ton 'burban with the 8.1L engine. But of those 2 I think the H2 would fit my needs better. (I feel sick for saying that becuse I hate them too)

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
RhinofromWA said:
Those two vehicles are rocket scientists compared to a Jeep Liberty.

;)

Liberty's are dumb, Mmmm-kay.

I dont see why everyone hates libertys... all I see is a relatively inexpensive SUV with 4wd, with more refinement than the wrangler. My cousin has one in manual and I took it for a drive and was pretty impressed with its ride, power and acceleration.

(Although I would take a 4.0 wrangler any day of the week over the liberty)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
sugarbushrider1 said:
I dont see why everyone hates libertys... all I see is a relatively inexpensive SUV with 4wd, with more refinement than the wrangler. My cousin has one in manual and I took it for a drive and was pretty impressed with its ride, power and acceleration.

The auto Liberty is a POS.... I hate it... It's sooooooo sloooooowwww

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
sugarbushrider1 said:

Sorry "sort of" an inside joke (but all over RM is you search)

I beleive MMike has a Liberty. :D

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Can you PLEASE contact me regarding your next vehicle purchase. I dont care what it is. I will hook you up. I promise. :eviltongu

2006 Hummer H2
MSRP
$ 53,855.00

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ncop?kbb.FL;460721;FL011&33062&&;;nc;&4&06HUH2_V;051103
The dealer down the street has some premade ghetto phab-uliss ones on the lot 24's with spinners,Lp tires, custom paint (chameleon), custom systems, ect ect ect ... stickered at 75k+... These ones all sell way before the "normal" ones sell....

email when you can get a me a New Toyota FJ.

Thanks

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Brian HCM#1 said:
Neither are, both are nice.
Name one thing the H2 does well compared to other vehicles in its price range. Just one thing.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BeerDemon said:
Name one thing the H2 does well compared to other vehicles in its price range. Just one thing.

Pulls...

Pulls what you ask?

Well demHoes, thats what the H2 pulls

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
RhinofromWA said:
Sorry "sort of" an inside joke (but all over RM is you search)

I beleive MMike has a Liberty. :D
Indeed I do....stupid POS.... It's ok at low speed...but It just lacks the balls I require to truly be the asshole that I am on the road.....

At least it's free.......

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMike said:
Indeed I do....stupid POS.... It's ok at low speed...but It just lacks the balls I require to truly be the asshole that I am on the road.....

At least it's free.......

Would a 4 cylinder Subaru Outback be weaker?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I have spent time driving both, and they are equally fun to drive...I dont know if i would ever own either...When you get into the type of money they want for either, i would much rather have the new rover or the mercedes G-Wagon :drool:

the porsche is super bling (girlies love to see you driving them hahah), and the h2 is big and dumb, but really fun to drive it isnt urs :sneaky:.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
2007 FJ LC :drool:

Official Site:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/fj_cruiser/index.html

Official Toyota Spec Sheet:
2007 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
ON SALE: Early 2006
BASE PRICE: $23,000 (est.)
POWERTRAIN: 4.0-liter, 245-hp, 282-lb-ft V6; rwd/4wd, five-speed automatic
CURB WEIGHT: 4000 lbs (est.)
0 TO 60 MPH: 8.0 seconds (est.)

Hi-Res Photos:
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_chicago/fjcruiser/pages/1.htm

WHAT'S COOL: Toyota can do retro design, too, Mr. Mays. Rides on the 4Runner SUV platform. Production version closely resembles 2003 concept vehicle.

WHAT AUTOMAKER SAYS: "The FJ Cruiser effectively fills a gap in the Toyota lineup which was once our core heritage -- capable, affordable and durable vehicles that are youthful, fun-to-drive, aggressive and tough," says Don Esmond, Toyota Division general manager."

Official Site:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/fj_cruiser/index.html

Official Toyota Spec Sheet:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/fj_c.../FJ_cruiser.pdf

Autoweek article on Toyota FJ Cruiser:
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101856

VIDEO of Toyota Unveiling at Chicago Auto Show 2005:
http://a230.g.akamai.net/7/230/2320/v001/toyota.download.akamai.com/2320/toyota/media/cas_fjcruiser_edited.wmv

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
If I had an extra 98 grand floating around and nothing else to do I'd pick up a Cayanne Turbo in a hearbeat over an H2. 450 HP, German engineering, luxury interior, and the ability to tear it up off road? The H2 is lame in comparison.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
norco-freerider said:
In non Jeepeneese

Second gen Grands are greater or equal to first gen GC and MUCH greater than the newest Grand Liberties by eleventy fold

norco-freerider said:
i just noticed your from melrose, so am i. ever see a red grand cherokee with a scream on the back?
I see a red ZJ in my driveway every day. el oh el
Im over by Bellevue GC off of Upham