Quantcast

So what's new with me?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Thanks for asking!

Well let's see... a little over 3 weeks ago I was fired from my job at Continental Railworks. I did own a small portion of the company. Obviously it's a small company....run like a family business. So anyway, I had had "words" with the president (my "friend") a couple of times. He finally said enough...and I didn't fight him on it. We just weren't getting along.

So he's buying me out... basically I've doubled my investment which ain't half bad. I just got a job offer today from Bell Helicopter as a direct employee. (I would prefer contract....but what the hell)... I haven't accepted as it would be a pretty long drive. Nothing like my Bellingham commute though. There is another place I interviewed with that's 15 mins away, doing Airbus A380 work. But it's a little less money. But with the gas I would burn, not to mention the hours out of my life in traffic.... It may be worth accepting a slightly lower salary... Helicopters are pretty cool though...

So for the last 3 weeks, I've been car shopping and playing with my daughter. "Watch Meemo? Watch Elmo?"...It's been awesome really...

Yes...I am rid of the Liberty.....shopping for a used Grand Cherokee......and a commuter car.... maybe a Jetta. NOT a Civic.

So that's pretty much my story.

Oh and my wife is convinced that she's going into labour tonight. Her back is absolutley killing her...apparently that's a sign.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
mcA896 said:
So what, you made a thread to make us feel inferior?

:nopity:
how is that supposed to make one feel inferior? i think hes just giving us a random update of whats new with his life. unless of course you are a failing wannabe mmike.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MMike said:
Thanks for asking!

Well let's see... a little over 3 weeks ago I was fired from my job at Continental Railworks. I did own a small portion of the company. Obviously it's a small company....run like a family business. So anyway, I had had "words" with the president (my "friend") a couple of times. He finally said enough...and I didn't fight him on it. We just weren't getting along.

So he's buying me out... basically I've doubled my investment which ain't half bad. I just got a job offer today from Bell Helicopter as a direct employee. (I would prefer contract....but what the hell)... I haven't accepted as it would be a pretty long drive. Nothing like my Bellingham commute though. There is another place I interviewed with that's 15 mins away, doing Airbus A380 work. But it's a little less money. But with the gas I would burn, not to mention the hours out of my life in traffic.... It may be worth accepting a slightly lower salary... Helicopters are pretty cool though...

So for the last 3 weeks, I've been car shopping and playing with my daughter. "Watch Meemo? Watch Elmo?"...It's been awesome really...

Yes...I am rid of the Liberty.....shopping for a used Grand Cherokee......and a commuter car.... maybe a Jetta. NOT a Civic.

So that's pretty much my story.

Oh and my wife is convinced that she's going into labour tonight. Her back is absolutley killing her...apparently that's a sign.
When she has a horrible desire to clean every micrometer of the house, pack the bags. It won't be long after.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So, how long until you move back to the PNW and start working for the lazy B?
The A380 is a pile. I wouldn't take a job where my employment was dependant on it's success.
Just my 2c.
Congrates on the new kid.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I feel sorry for the people who had to work with you, this must be a fantastic holiday season for them. I feel even sorrier for the people you will be working with. People on RM hate MMike, his former employer hates him and the garbage man too. Notice a trend here. Maybe some sensitivity training is in order.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
am i the only one that doesnt feel hate for mmike? or is it just that i dont pay attention to him all that much.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Doubling our investment ain't half bad, plus it sounds like you're in high demand. Better get something soon if there's a baby on the way. Where were you working in Bellingham?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMike said:
and a commuter car.... maybe a Jetta. NOT a Civic.
Being a VW fan, all I can say is be prepared to be let down.

Good luck with the job and the new kid on the way.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Commuting sucks but helicopters are a good time. I left the rail business for aerospace and I much preferred working on main rotor blades than subway and commuter cars.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Maybe they will loan you a helicopter to commute in. Now that would kick ass! It's always been my dream. Especially if you could borrow it on the weekends. Can you say shuttle runs?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hate commuting. I hate it nearly as much as I hate looking for a new job. I hate contracting as well because it goes hand in hand with the first two things I hate.

I am finishing up a contract right now and have been interviewing all week mysef. So far it looks like 3 top runners. One is bikeable on days I feel hardcore, and the other 2 are 40+ minute drives to work. If either of those develop, I too will have to buy into a commuter car and that sucks because neither of them are mass-transit friendly locations.

All I can say is don't go for the money! I burned myself on that before and now it's more about the job. As long as you know your value, then the money takes care of itself.

Good luck mmike.

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
gnurider1080 said:
am i the only one that doesnt feel hate for mmike? or is it just that i dont pay attention to him all that much.

Actually, mmike is a jerk. If you don't already hate him, just save yourself some trouble and start now. Sooneer or later, he'll do or say something that will make you really angry and type lots of cuss-words. You'll help make whatever thread it started in fifteen pages long. You'll be mad about it for days, loosing sleep, and spending far to much time trying to come up with witty arguments to mmikes hateful statements. It's not worth it.
Trust me, mmike=peckerwood.

p.s mmike, we got your Christmas card the other day. Thanks. Have you received ours yet?

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
MMike said:
Was it the one with the poop in it?

PS: I slept with your wife.
Yes, it had the poop in it. Althought the poop was just to hide the flesh eating virus contained in the card.
I hope you die miserably.

You slept with my wife huh? Well, I slept with your dad
HA!! THERE, TAKE THAT!!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Talkingmonkey said:
Yes, it had the poop in it. Althought the poop was just to hide the flesh eating virus contained in the card.
I hope you die miserably.

You slept with my wife huh? Well, I slept with your dad
HA!! THERE, TAKE THAT!!
Well he told me he faked his orgasm!

This thread has taken a very ugly turn....

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
MMike said:
Well he told me he faked his orgasm!

This thread has taken a very ugly turn....

Only because we hate you.
I wonder if we can de-rail this into another I hate MMike thread?

Anyway, take the job closer to home. Screw driving, you did enough of that to get here to HT

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Man car shopping is a pain in the ass....

Went and looked at a Grand Cherokee yesterday... Turns out it was a silly little lot out in B.F.E. They apparently use the "nicer" vehicles as company cars. So they made me wait a half hour for it to arrive (even though I had made an appointment to see the car).

The boss's son had been driving it for who knows how long. The mileage was 7000 kms higher than advertised. And he had installed his own stereo and speaker box in it. He comes flying into the lot in a 4 wheel drift (in the snow).... It also REEKED of air freshener. It could get the smell of my hands.

I won't be buying that one...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
And while I'm at it....

Last week I drove about an hour deep into the scary french part of the island of Montreal....a mystical place I'd never been before called "Anjou". I went to look at a Jetta. It was a VR6. The guy told me it was a 2002. It was in ok shape. Somewhat high miles, but an ok price. I tet drive it. Not bad. Didn't seem like 200 hp...like the 2002 VR6's are supposed to have. Then he reveals....oh yeah....It's actually a 2000, not a 2002...sorry...my mistake.

Is there such thing as a car salesman than with not lie to your face? I really have yet to meet one.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
And FURTHERMORE, all of those years of jerking off have finally caught up with me.

I had to do a medical at Bell Helicopter. ...and eye test was included. My distance vision is apparently going to crap. They say I need glasses! I blame narlus and Transcend for jinxing my eyesight with their recent eyeglasses threads. Now I need 8 pairs of Oakley frames to out-cool Transcend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
buy a civic. sheesh. you're almost as bad as brian hcm#1 when it comes to cars