Quantcast

So what's the story been around RM for the last 4 weeks?

J

JRB

Nothing new. Same story really. I talked to dh girlie the other day and she sold her DH bike, so I guess she is just girlie now. Stosh wrecked and got a new xterra. Echo survived the poop on a plane and made it to AZ for the 24 hour race. Stinky built another bike. Rob, bluebug, and brian argued about radios, if you can believe it. I was the most ignored monkey. N8 was annoying. I had a baby. I got a new job. The Olympics. I got a new bike, a Giant Reign. :thumb:

I am sure there is more.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
No power??? :eek:
Yeah....we had a HUGE wind storm, T-storm w/hail and rain on Friday morning and lost power a little before 11am. We finally got power back last night. It was SUPER cold this weekend too....single digits and below zero at night on Saturday night. Luckily we have a generator to keep our propane heater going.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Yeah....we had a HUGE wind storm, T-storm w/hail and rain on Friday morning and lost power a little before 11am. We finally got power back last night. It was SUPER cold this weekend too....single digits and below zero at night on Saturday night. Luckily we have a generator to keep our propane heater going.
Whew - that is good. I'll bet you have tons of laundry to do. We wouldn't have made the weekend without washing. Caroline was spitting up like mad. It was sad, but she is fine. It was just mounds of tiny little instances. I am obsessive about keeping her dry, so I washed a lot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Whew - that is good. I'll bet you have tons of laundry to do. We wouldn't have made the weekend without washing. Caroline was spitting up like mad. It was sad, but she is fine. It was just mounds of tiny little instances. I am obsessive about keeping her dry, so I washed a lot.
Oh yeah....I have already done 2 loads today (one of hers and one of ours). I can safely say the generator was one of our best investments after this weekend!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
We wouldn't have made the weekend without washing. Caroline was spitting up like mad. It was sad, but she is fine. It was just mounds of tiny little instances. I am obsessive about keeping her dry, so I washed a lot.
Have you thought about maybe putting a bib on her so you only have to change that? Are you feeding her formula? Maybe she is allergic to something?

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Have you thought about maybe putting a bib on her so you only have to change that? Are you feeding her formula? Maybe she is allergic to something?
Just milk. It goes around her chin and rolls down the back of her neck. I would have to get her a neck brace to catch it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Just milk. It goes around her chin and rolls down the back of her neck. I would have to get her a neck brace to catch it.
We just started giving Sydney breastmilk from a bottle and noticed how much she drools. We're able to catch it with her bib though. She's definitely getting enough to eat these days by feeding every 3 hours and getting a 3oz. bottle of milk once or twice a day too. We're hoping it helps to get her back to her birth weight.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
We just started giving Sydney breastmilk from a bottle and noticed how much she drools. We're able to catch it with her bib though. She's definitely getting enough to eat these days by feeding every 3 hours and getting a 3oz. bottle of milk once or twice a day too. We're hoping it helps to get her back to her birth weight.
Yeah - the best advice we got was to bottle feed Caroline until she was over 6 lbs. She hardly takes the bottle for me now though. She has to be really hungry.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Yeah - the best advice we got was to bottle feed Caroline until she was over 6 lbs. She hardly takes the bottle for me now though. She has to be really hungry.
Yeah...the Dr. thinks it's great that I am breastfeeding and I would rather continue and not supplement with formula, but she is 2 weeks old today and isn't back to her birth weight yet (she was 7lb. 8 oz on Friday and needs to get back to 7lb. 13.5 oz.) so he suggested pumping enough to give her 1-2 3 or 4 oz. bottles per day if I could. We're trying, but won't know if it's working out until mid-week when she goes back to the Dr. for her weigh-in.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Yeah...the Dr. thinks it's great that I am breastfeeding and I would rather continue and not supplement with formula, but she is 2 weeks old today and isn't back to her birth weight yet (she was 7lb. 8 oz on Friday and needs to get back to 7lb. 13.5 oz.) so he suggested pumping enough to give her 1-2 3 or 4 oz. bottles per day if I could. We're trying, but won't know if it's working out until mid-week when she goes back to the Dr. for her weigh-in.
OK - here goes - I was obsessing over Caroline's weight and zeroed out a food scale with a cookie sheet to weigh her on. I had a hell of a time balancing her and she got sea sick and spit up on me. :o: I still want a baby scale. She is growing though.

J

JRB

Oh you might have missed that Caroline was sick and spent 4 really long days in the hospital and that I got a new job because I was fired. I got my new job the same day though.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
TreeSaw said:
..............so he suggested pumping enough to give her 1-2 3 or 4 oz. bottles per day if I could. We're trying, but won't know if it's working out until mid-week when she goes back to the Dr. for her weigh-in.
When we had Noah, he wouldn't latch so my wife ended up pumping for like 7 months.......I think at 2 weeks old he was like getting 2+oz. every 3 hours. The pumping and bottle feeding should get her up to speed in no time.............(not like I'm an expert or anything....LOL)