Quantcast

So whats up with Fo' Niney' Fi'?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Has there been a final decision on who is going to own it and what is happening to it? I know there is a bridge to get over the creek now, is that because of the new land ownership?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I was under the impression that Wakefield acquired the land. The new bridge is part of the Fairfax Cross-County Trail that, when complete, will connect Great Falls to Fountainhead, or something like that.

I'm pretty sure 495 is safe.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
safe for now, waiting on full legitimization sometime in the spring. the land is now owned by wakefield via the fairfax county park authority. the new paved section of the CCT is finished and is very cool. i can ride to wakefield or 495 in 20 minutes now.

i just wish the ground would freeze or dry out. this soggy crap ain't cuttin it.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
corey_dcstreet said:
i just wish the ground would freeze or dry out. this soggy crap ain't cuttin it.
No doubt. I haven't been there in a few weeks due to this. What's the deal with our temperatures hovering right above freezing the past month? At least if it freezes at night, I can jump until the sun starts to thaw the place.