Quantcast

So who did you guys ride with this weekend?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I rode with this guy a little. :blah: along with a Dangerous Dan and a few other folks.

I am not much of a FreeRider or dirt jumper for that matter, but I got to lead a trail ride. :cool: We certainly lack the terrain of BC or Utah where you usually see these guys going off, but you could tell that they were just having fun on their bikes. (sans 50' drops) I can't tell you how cool it was to ride with them, and how awsome they are and their attitudes toward riding. Its good to know there are people like this representing our sport on a higher level. I was never a huge fan, but I am now.

More pictures of a local jump jam and other various shots from the weekend.

http://www.freeridesouth.com/pics/pics.php?page_num=1&cat=&order_by=id+desc&query=wade

http://www.freeridesouth.com/pics/pics.php?page_num=1&cat=&order_by=id+desc&query=dangerous

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
that pic of wade throwing the no hander is awesome. did ya get me present while he was there?

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
did ya get me present while he was there?
Like what?

I did get Wade dirt all over me... I was crouched down at the bottom of this gap (pictures and video will be up later this week) with the video camera, so when he landed and got on the brakes I got hit with mud/dirt.

You want some?

I will also have a picture of Wade gapping over me, I could autograph that for ya :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bwahahaha wade dirt, i bet you will never wash that jersey again. naw man, i had asked scott to get me something since wade is my favorite rider of all time. i was just givin ya a hard time.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Nice...

So how far down is "south Florida", i.e. where is all of that? I may have to bring my bike when I visit the in-laws (Miami) or my folks (Stuart).

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Slugman said:
Nice...

So how far down is "south Florida", i.e. where is all of that? I may have to bring my bike when I visit the in-laws (Miami) or my folks (Stuart).
There are 4 Major Parks in South Florida with riding

From South to North
Oleta - (North Miami Beach) 12 miles of single track
Amelia - (Opa Locka) 6 miles or so of single track, not quite as popular as the others, has a few wooden structures
Markham Park (Sunrise) 7 miles of techical single track. THis is the trail with the most technical single track. It has a few jumps and drops.
Quiet Waters - (Deerfield Beach) - 5 miles of pretty tame single track, but it has 2 jump areas. The big jumps you see and a smaller line of tables. It also has a few wooden structures.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MtnBikerChk said:
Sunrise - also home to the best outlet shopping in the world!
Yep, you can ride some bada$$ trails, clean up and in 5 minutes be eating lunch or shopping at the Sawgrass Mills mall. :thumb:

The construction of the actual road (Sawgrass Expressway) is why Markham Park actually has some elevation. :D

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
It was cool to see two riders I look up to, be so down to earth. As people came up to Wade, he introduced himself by first name only and shook everone's hand and made sure he got their name. He even let me ride his Switch. :thumb:

I wish I could have made it to the T.O.E. and Santos to see them ride. I am sure Sterling will get some killer pictures from both places, especially Santos.

Here a few more pictures from Sunday:

I wish I could have made it to the T.O.E. and Santos to see them ride. I am sure Sterling will get some killer pictures from both places, especially Santos.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I was crouched down at the bottom of this gap (pictures and video will be up later this week) with the video camera, so when he landed and got on the brakes I got hit with mud/dirt.
Rob, is this at Crime Scene?

When was the picture taken of you and Wade? Since it is sunny, I would guess yesterday?

J

JRB

Oh - I rode with Wumpus. I forgot it was a question. Rode with Julie on the road on Sunday too.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
bmxr said:
Even I would have called you if I thought everyone else forgot about you... I'm so lazy I knew about the goings-on and didn't go :D

Damn, this is bizarre. I was just sitting here wondering where the hell you have been and how you are doing when I see an e-mail about you posting in this thread. How the hell are you?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Here are some pictures from Santos in north central FL.

This is a video capture of Wade from the video below.

Please right click and save the below videos:

Scott Boombatz (local ripper)

Wade

Danger Dan