Quantcast

So who had to work??

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Sitting here at the office.........it's dead as all get out but some Tech people have to be here until atleast noon. :mumble:

I think were gonna setup a projector in the server room and watch a DVD or 2 :thumb:

J

JRB

Not working. I am going to CC to buy an MP3 player. Not some fancy apple thing or anything like that. I am getting an old school one. Gonna ride, but it is 23 degrees here, and that is too damned cold for me. brrrr

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
tn works today and tomorrow. eight hours both days. i'm off, but i might as well be working because all i'll be doing is sitting around waiting for him to get off work.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
laura said:
tn works today and tomorrow. eight hours both days. i'm off, but i might as well be working because all i'll be doing is sitting around waiting for him to get off work.
and here i thought you were an independant woman of the new millinium. :rolleyes:

well i'll be at work till 5 then drive about 4 hours to the Biggins family farm until sunday.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
biggins said:
and here i thought you were an independant woman of the new millinium. :rolleyes:

well i'll be at work till 5 then drive about 4 hours to the Biggins family farm until sunday.

oh, i am. :p its just that the streets have about an inch of ice on them, and tn's volvo doesn't even have power steering. i'm letting him take the outback to work because i won't drive on ice. so i will be independently walking around until the ice melts. since my family is about 3o min away, i won't be walking to see them.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
working for the 6th christmas in a row. my job sucks & I am looking for a career change.

J

JRB

Snacks said:
I'm here until at least until 6pm. Who ever said Controllers had it easy :rolleyes:
Probably no one. That sounds like one of the worst jobs. Tons of accountability and not tons of freedom. :think:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Well.......I got paid for a full day and all I did was watch Napoleon Dynamite and now I'm leaving at noon. Not too shabby........plus I won't be coming back until January 3rd :thumb:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
I get to go in at 2 and restock a bunch of holiday items. Then on sunday i get to go back in and do it again. I love working at a grocery store.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
zod said:
Sitting here at the office.........it's dead as all get out but some Tech people have to be here until atleast noon. :mumble:

I think were gonna setup a projector in the server room and watch a DVD or 2 :thumb:
I am working...xmas day and boxing day too...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:
The machine is eating you poor folks. :(
The Matrix has them.

Me? I took the week off and turned off the pager. Ha! Even if there is an emergency, they'll have to fend for themselves! I shudder to think of the mess I am coming back to on monday though.

Merry X-mas

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
working tonight and tomorrow. but.....it's 12 hours of time and a half both nights.

so i'm not really minding all that much........

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
scrublover said:
working tonight and tomorrow. but.....it's 12 hours of time and a half both nights.

so i'm not really minding all that much........
Christmas bonus :rolleyes: basically 48 hours worked and 104 hours of pay for the week.

money is nice but I would rather be with the family and take the 40 hours of paid time off.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I worked Xmas eve til' 3:30 but I get to go to CO and go snowboard for a week now. (My first time ever)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Crash_Tested said:
Christmas bonus :rolleyes: basically 48 hours worked and 104 hours of pay for the week.

money is nice but I would rather be with the family and take the 40 hours of paid time off.

meh. i spent last weekend with them, several states away. just me and the girly here, and we have other days off together. so no biggie.