Quantcast

So who out there is riding without health insurance?

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
MMike said:
So what's more important (if you can only pick one), Health insurance or car insurance?
They're both important. I think car insurance is important if you have an accident and have to pay for damages/medical to the other party. With the lawsuits going around these days, you wanna make sure that the insurance company takes care of it.

Anyway, we have car, health, house, renters insurance etc. to make sure that we are covered or can cover our mistakes. So, say if you're riding at a mountain bike park and some hotshot rider cut you off and caused serious injury/damages to you or your bike, do you have a case to get compensated for damages?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
and... what if you are DHing, or racing (even XC).. would your insurance still cover that??
mine doesnt.

i had an awesome insurance when i lived in the states. i used it quite a while. while in the US, i discovered i had to take meds forever (they covered them), then another time, i landed on my chest.. x-rays and a few little things alone were like 3k the time...
i cannot imagine what would have been, if i didnt have insurance.. going to a doc office twice a week for a year :eek:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
biggins said:
i rode for a long time without it. now i have a job that does not provide insurance and i buy it out of pocket now. my arm would have costed me right at 26,000.00 dollars after all was said and done. due to insurance i paid about 1300.00.

i rode for about 3 years without insurance. urban, DJ, DH, freeride..........
Biggins, give me a call if you ever need me to shop around for you a health insurance quote.
I hear ya on the high cost.
The compound fracture on my leg would have cost $70,000 back in '93, if I did not have health insurance. :eek: 5 stupid surgeries.