Quantcast

So who uses a boot mounted bike rack?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn!!!

Rest in peace wheels.

Your lucky they didnt get run over.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
That really sucks. probably shouldn't have loaded 3 bikes on a rack like that anyways though. Also, thanks for the heads up for all trunk mounted rack users. I guess your bikes sacrificed themselves for something (although I'm sure you would rather just have your bikes back).

PS. is your name from the song on Clutch's Blast Tyrant CD?

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
In the many years I'm being riding motorcycles one of my biggest fears is to see a bunch of bikes falling from the trunk of a car right in front of me, what will pretty assure certain death .

believe me you guys need to consider your selfs lucky that just your bikes got wasted, if anybody suffer a accident do to your lack of commun sense and understanding of basic structures you guys will be in far more trouble than just a few bend wheels and forks...

PS: people need to learn to take responsability for their own stupidity and stop trying to make the "Racks companies of the World" pay for something that is only the fault of the person that is so "Optimistic" about structures that did not take the time to perform a basic test or at least keep and eye on the rack from time to time...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
patineto said:
In the many years I'm being riding motorcycles one of my biggest fears is to see a bunch of bikes falling from the trunk of a car right in front of me, what will pretty assure certain death .

believe me you guys need to consider your selfs lucky that just your bikes got wasted, if anybody suffer a accident do to your lack of commun sense and understanding of basic structures you guys will be in far more trouble than just a few bend wheels and forks...

PS: people need to learn to take responsability for their own stupidity and stop trying to make the "Racks companies of the World" pay for something that is only the fault of the person that is so "Optimistic" about structures that did not take the time to perform a basic test or at least keep and eye on the rack from time to time...
im curious exactly where he put that it was the racks fault or that it was any one but his fault. all i saw was him telling people to check on there racks

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
lovebunny said:
im curious exactly where he put that it was the racks fault or that it was any one but his fault. all i saw was him telling people to check on there racks
I was making reference about this two comments
ioscope.......
"Get your money and bikes back from the rack manufacturer."
and
mtnbrider .........

"Those bikes are dead. That really sucks. Did you talk to the maker of the rack yet?"

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Kanter said:
3 bikes on that weak rack, hmmmmmm
While those bikes didn't look too heavy, 3 bikes on a trunk rack is just too much. I saw someone lose a roof rack on the freeway once. The bike stayed on the rack, but the rack fell off of the car. The guy's rack and bike were in the number three lane of the 10 freeway. It was pretty ugly, while it looked like everyone managed to swerve out its way, the damage from it hitting the freeway was a total loss for the poor owner.