Quantcast

so who wants to hire me?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I might get to hire someone to do my grunt work. That would rock.

Biggins, what is your education level, what are your computer skills, and how would you feel about reporting to a baboon? :D

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
I will let you come live with me rent-free. You can go to work for Tarboro PD - pays a lot and all they really do is cruise around looking for drunks to mess with. Cool guys for the most part and since Robert's in with the Chief, you'd get hired. Almost 30,000 a year. Pay off all your bills, get to carry a gun AND a taser - what more could you want?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
bigginsis said:
I will let you come live with me rent-free. You can go to work for Tarboro PD - pays a lot and all they really do is cruise around looking for drunks to mess with. Cool guys for the most part and since Robert's in with the Chief, you'd get hired. Almost 30,000 a year. Pay off all your bills, get to carry a gun AND a taser - what more could you want?
who be you?

bigginsis?

sister to biggins or gf?

mom?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ahhh very nice, you single?
and if thats you in the avatar, dammmnnnn
cheers!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
one word: truck driving school.

It is the perfect job. you get to drive around the country, stopping in truck stops allover, eating country fried steak, talking about your haul, complaining about your roids & pussies in cars, you get to talk $hit about how truckers are the backbone of the economy, you can wear cowboy boots & look cool while doing it and you cant forget perk #1... LOT LIZARDS. 'nuff said.

the back of this one truck i saw said you get paid like 40 cents a mile!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well my background is in hands on types things and trades. My current position is Service Technician for US Cellular. I work on cell phones and perform software uprgrades on them as well as interact been working on it a lot lately with applications like excel and word and the standard programs included in Office XP. I did attend college for a few years but never finished and that is my main drawback. As far as relocating i would be willing depending on the place and the job. I can learn anything and i am a very intelligent person.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i also have retail management experience as well as tons of experience working with customers

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
douglas said:
I'll give you $3.17/hour to do some chores around my house, and I'll guarentee at least 10 hours of work a week.
how about $3.81, but in the summer you have to shave your legs and wear a blonde wig, so my neigbors think I have a pool girl

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bigginsis said:
yeah but i dont think i would make a good cop. As well Tarboro does not fullfill any of the requirements for me as a place to live.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
I might get to hire someone to do my grunt work. That would rock.

Biggins, what is your education level, what are your computer skills, and how would you feel about reporting to a baboon? :D
well i am informally well educated, i would do grunt work if there was an opportunity for advancement and as far as the baboon thing goes, its not like baboon understand english so i can pretty much report anything i want to ya. so i'd be ok with that. Actually im kinda used to it cause the people i am dealing with now are waaaaaay below the baboon level.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
Sell your car and go back to school.
uhmmmm what good would selling my car do? as for going back to school i would love to but i cant afford it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
uhmmmm what good would selling my car do? as for going back to school i would love to but i cant afford it.
Aren't you still making payments on it? I thought I remembered reading that.

Anyhow... B.S. you can't afford it. You can go to a state school for less than $5k/year. Get a part time job to pay for a place to live, and get intrest-free Stafford loans for the rest (if you can't afford the $5k a year).

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
binary visions said:
Aren't you still making payments on it? I thought I remembered reading that.

Anyhow... B.S. you can't afford it. You can go to a state school for less than $5k/year. Get a part time job to pay for a place to live, and get intrest-free Stafford loans for the rest (if you can't afford the $5k a year).
Hey BV, don't you know? We don't take well to that kinda rational and long-term thinking around here. :rolleyes:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
bigginsis said:
just wait until you're married. then you'll want a pool boy, a landscaper and a carpenter. the dude who built our storage building outside was HOT - i kept gazing out the window...even offered him something to drink... :heart:
ahahaha, sweet! and i was beginning to think there weren't any benefits to getting married ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
problem is a cant get student loans. to make a long story short my old student loans went into default. I couldnt afford to pay them so i said screw it and stopped paying them. I didnt have a choice. As for 5k a year, no way i can afford it at all. Thats a quarter of what i make in a year.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
reflux said:
Hey BV, don't you know? We don't take well to that kinda rational and long-term thinking around here. :rolleyes:
i dont have a problem with rational thinking i love the idea of it. The fact of the matter is however i cant get student loans (or any kind of loan) and i dont have the money to pay out of pocket.

I am intelligent, very capable and creative and just dont understand why i cant get a friggin chance, thats the real issue at hand.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
biggins said:
problem is a cant get student loans. to make a long story short my old student loans went into default. I couldnt afford to pay them so i said screw it and stopped paying them. I didnt have a choice. As for 5k a year, no way i can afford it at all. Thats a quarter of what i make in a year.
the problem was that you didn't finish school. finishing college (generally) means that you'll make more money than someone else with a high school diploma. you were in a tough spot, you had a bunch of college loans and no degree to show for it. unless you are god's gift to the working world, it would naturally be tough to pay them off. as far as making payments, mine didn't start until 6 mos after graduation and will only be paying a few thousand for the rest of my life (well, not really, but a long time).

if you're sincere about going back to school, the opportunities available to you make it far from impossible.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
Move in with your sister and go to a community college nearby, work part time.

I am only just starting to realize how completely dead-end most jobs end up being when you don't have a degree. I get paid half of what I would if I could wave a piece of paper in front of them that said I graduated from college...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i could be done in about 2 years. As for livin with my sister, hell no. That would last all of about a month before i would get very mean to her husband.

ya i accept the responsibility for not finishing college. i dont wanna come off as one of " the world is unfair, i deserve this that and the other" people. But i cincerely do beleive that if someone would give me a chance i could show them what the hell i am made of.

the other problem with going back to school is my monthly debt that i pay. I dont see how i can pay rent, utilities, CC consolidation, blah blah on a part time job when its pretty impossible to do on the full time job i have now.

Maybe its just that i dont understand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Join the Coast Guard. Play with boats and guns for four years then go back to school on the governments dime.