Quantcast

so who wants to hire me?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
what you dont understand BV is that i can not control it. I am very intelligent but i cant control the way i respond to it. trust me on this, 3 times i have tried already.
You can't control how you feel about something (usually), but you can discipline yourself to get through it. Sheesh, man, you've got two years left. That's nothing in the grand sceme of things.

If you claim that you can't discipline yourself, then you're being lazy - everyone can discipline themselves.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i have found a program that i am going to enroll in that hopefully iwill end up with bachelors of business adminstation in two years. we will see. As for my problem it is not so much of a personal problem as it is a chemical problem. i know thats no excuse and i do a lot better than i used to but it is like trying to get a parapalegic to walk(not slamming those that are paralyzed by the way).

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
now that everyone is talking about getting jobs, lets make this the job for youngsters thread. i need one too. well. i will need one this summer, when i get back to the good ol` united states for schooling.

i´ve been a bartender before, and a waiter for 3 months, but i dont like those jobs and the crappy hours and crowds.

I dont have any training beside 2 years of aerospace (am transferring to mechanical engineering). am a computer geek. quite mechanically oriented. what kind of job should i get???? i´ll ride your train biggins, and help me too...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
biggins said:
well i have found a program that i am going to enroll in that hopefully iwill end up with bachelors of business adminstation in two years. we will see. As for my problem it is not so much of a personal problem as it is a chemical problem. i know thats no excuse and i do a lot better than i used to but it is like trying to get a parapalegic to walk(not slamming those that are paralyzed by the way).
chemical problem?? sometimes i felt like that when i was 18. i thought i was just lazy and reckless with money.
until last year after like a year and a half of therapy, and living a messy and quite uncommon life until i turned 20, my stupid therapist suggested i was bipolar.

then i saw a psychiatrist and discovered the wonders of modern medicine. if you feel its chemical or something like that, them shrinks will fix you in months. talking you out of it doesnt make a dent compared to what lithium or valproic acid does in 3 weeks.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i was diagnosed severe adult ADHD about 2 years ago. I have made some changes in my life and have gotten lots of stuff changed but at 29 it is kind of difficult. i tried medicine (3 different ones) and they all make me jittery lethargic and incoherent. They also wreak havic on sex function.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
biggins said:
i was diagnosed severe adult ADHD about 2 years ago. I have made some changes in my life and have gotten lots of stuff changed but at 29 it is kind of difficult. i tried medicine (3 different ones) and they all make me jittery lethargic and incoherent. They also wreak havic on sex function.

keep trying. i went thru at least 10 different pills in the last year until i found the best ones.
and dont get constrained to US FDA aproved meds. i use some french pills that worked out much much much better than what my US based shrink gave me. way cheaper too. plus my girlfriend doesnt complain.
look around, shop around.

IMO, before any career move or anything, you should first pay attention to that adhd, then move on.
you cannot build a good house without good foundations....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
Hey, I appreciate that. I'm pretty severely ADD myself. It just means you need to work harder to do what comes easily to a lot of people.

Also, don't ditch the medication idea entirely just because there are a few that make you feel whacked out. There's a lot of good medicine out there, you may be able to find a balance between it knocking out your ADHD entirely and making you jittery.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you're 29, biggins? holy crap. i thought you were early 20s. i don't know if that's good or bad, though.