Quantcast

So who's got next Monday and/or Tuesday off?

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I Are Baboon said:
July 3 is the day Ben Franklin drank a beer.
Ben Franklin was the person responsible for starting Prohibition. Once he drank a beer, he saw how stupid that law was and had it repealed. We've been celebrating ever since and tend not to work so we can saty home and nurse our hangovers. :rolleyes: Got it?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was in a New Hampshire fireworks store this past Saturday and there were people buying literally thousands of dollars worth of fireworks. They had shopping carts overflowing. The checkout lines had to be 30 minutes long. As much as I'd enjoy blowing stuff up, I just left the store empty handed.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
ghostrider said:
You dipsticks don't know anything. The July 4th holiday celebrates when we defeated New England in the Civil War of 1812.
:rofl:

The whole school thing has its benefits......during the summer.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
ghostrider said:
You dipsticks don't know anything. The July 4th holiday celebrates when we defeated New England in the Civil War of 1812.
Have you forgotten your American History? Don't you remember "The Belch Heard Around The World"

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
ghostrider said:
I thought it was the day Jesus and his disciples signed the Constitution thus creating the United States and the 700 club??

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Who's got a four day holiday weekend?

I'll be working Monday (July 3). Monday is not a company holiday, but most people are taking it off. Not my department though...not only are we all working, but we get to work LATE! (got paychecks to produce)

I guess this thread only applies to us USA folk.
Used vacation days for Friday and Monday. Woohoo! Five-day weekend!

Wanna ride Sat/Sun/Tues?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MtnBikerChk said:
YES!

but my wheel is in the shop. Got a bike for me to ride ;)
Front or rear wheel? Standard QR or 20mm? Disk or rim brakes? I got plenty of extra parts kicking around.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MtnBikerChk said:
WOO HOO!

rear, disk, QR. :) I'm going to drop it off tomorrow so hopefully I'll have it back saturday anyway.

how about spare bikes? got an small fsr I can borrow? :sneaky:
I've got a spare rear/disk/qr, but it's heavy (Bombshell Fatboy). If need be, I can put it back on my Bullit and you can use the lighter one I've got on it now.

Only spare bike I've got at the moment is the Steelhead, and I don't think you wanna take that on a trail ride.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MtnBikerChk said:
cool - thanks. Well let's make plans and see if I have my wheel back by then!
Sat/Sun any time after say 10am and within 1 hour of Plainville (I moved).

Meshomasic (Glastonbury/Marlborough)?
Miller's Pond SP (Durham)?
Nepaug (Canton)?
Other?

Anyone else want in? McG? Splat? Douglas?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MtnBikerChk said:
you moved? COOL!

Saturday AM we've got some errands so either that afternoon or anytime Sunday.
good - I like afternoon rides better. I can ride any time, so whatever works for everyone else is good with me.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
and way too across the street from where I work

There goes any chance of sidleing up to the bar at lunch time on those stressful days...
Yeah, I couldn't even find my way around the POK site if my lifed depended on it.

If you are ever going out for lunch, go to Lola's on Washington Ave. It's just past St. Francis near Marist. It's my neighbor's place (graduate of CIA) and he has some smoking food. Best pasta salad I've ever had.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
Not enough to put effort into finding you a job, though. :D

What is it you do again?
Wouldn't say I'm not looking, just not finding. :mumble:

I'm a numbers guy. Give me a list of figures and I'll add them up for you.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
Yeah, I couldn't even find my way around the POK site if my lifed depended on it.

If you are ever going out for lunch, go to Lola's on Washington Ave. It's just past St. Francis near Marist. It's my neighbor's place (graduate of CIA) and he has some smoking food. Best pasta salad I've ever had.
Never heard of it...very strange. Have you been to Monster Taco (across the from Eckerd in the plaza near Marist)? Another CIA place, but affordable!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Never heard of it...very strange. Have you been to Monster Taco (across the from Eckerd in the plaza near Marist)? Another CIA place, but affordable!
Never been...I usually never make it past Giacomo's! I'll have to check it out though...been craving some Mexican food...

Lola's is fairly new, less than a year and mostly a takeout place.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Their mexican is amazing. Another favorite is Mole Mole on Main st. (near Davis Hardware). Where's Giacomo's? It sounds familiar
There is one near Marist (I think) but I go to the one on Spackenkill road. Pizza and calzones is a staple.

Is the Mole Mole near the train station? We don't get to the "city" too often.