Quantcast

So who's staying around for Fontana?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
After Massanutten I was able to fix my front brake, rear wheel, rear shifter, and rebuild my rear brake(almost), but there is no way I will have the shock rebuilt in time to go to New Jersey. So... who is staying around to go to Fontana on the 27th?

Does anyone have info about which course they will be running?

Also for everyone coming this weekend to ETSU: I mowed and cleared the Slalom course and will groom it more this week. The DH looks good. Slalom will go down around 1pm and DH @ 3pm.

Anyone camping can stay at the slalom course, or if not too rowdy can pitch in my yard. Come ready to take care of self and while we are there to compete please do not go overboard and get someone or yourself hurt.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I don't think I will be going to NJ. I though about going to the Fontana race for fun, but don't know yet. I want to do all of the SnowShoe races ,Sugar National, and Dark Mtn. I may do another National somewhere but don't know. If there is a good group going to Fontana, I will most likely come.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Diablo =

Fontana =

Any questions? :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Terry,
Tell Crackhead to get up there and build a lander on that flat drop he built. I don't want to have to buy any ankle tape.
I was hitting my heels on the ground last year.:)
See ya Saturday.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
:) Ill be there at estu Terry! thanks again last year for the help w my tools i really appreciate it. Im planning on taking the Slalom and junior dh win!:) now im uninjurd and can pedal, and igot my chaingide fixed up for the slalom, I cant wait, its the funnest race because its soo laid back.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Terry, we can't make it this weekend but we'll try like hell to catch the next race. I have too many kids going in too many different directions.:nopity: If the race was sunday I'd have a chance of making it.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Peete said:
Terry, we can't make it this weekend but we'll try like hell to catch the next race. I have too many kids going in too many different directions.:nopity: If the race was sunday I'd have a chance of making it.
The weather channel is giving a 30% chance nothing will be happening. It's Friday @ 10am and the skies are clear and it is supposed to be 75 today. The course will be great unless there are overnight storms. Watch the radar and plan accordingly!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
FCLinder said:
So, any info on the Fontana race? What day its on and what time it starts? Is it only a DH race?
I called the lodge and they could only tell me that the DH starts at 12pm on Saturday. No idea what course, shuttling, etc. There is a STXC Sat night and XC Sun morn.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
FCLinder said:
So, any info on the Fontana race? What day its on and what time it starts? Is it only a DH race?
I don't know any logistics, so this is almost a useless post....but I've got a buddy heading up for the xc and stxc. So I'm assuming they're running the full shin-dig up there. I think he said xc is sunday??

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Practice starts at 10am Sat with shuttle. Race starts at 12pm. Best out of 2 runs. Don't know what course they are running. Small bike I am guessing. I may come up. Just got the new DH rig and may want to take it to Windrock or Sugar instead.