Quantcast

So why'd we wake up at 5:30am

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Because it was suppossed to rain all day starting midmorning. We get out there and it is lightly raining on us most the time.

Here is me in the only picture we had time to take (Me trying to maneuver around burly).

It has been sunny since we stopped...but still great to be done riding before 9am!!:) :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It's been raining alot over the last few days and this morning here, but the trail we rode has a very sandy dirt mix and doesnt hold water at all. The trails were wet, but nothing stuck to our tires at all. Good place.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i attempted to get up early and ride too.. the weather has been just to good lately. They said rain in the am.. i didnt belive them.. well about a half-hour into the ride... it came down.. and with spring just starting..the trees did nothing to help us... we still got a good ride in, but we were pretty soaked once we made it to the car..
glad to hear someone made it !!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have a planned ride at 2p....not sure if the rain will hit before than, but I did get 18+ miles of dirt in yesterday afternoon

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:
did you borrow those shorts from scaredsh1tless ??
beaten to the punch.

it's still way too muddy around my trails for dirt riding, so i did a road ride yesterday.

and i slipped a pedal while bunnyhopping in my driveway and drove my 5050xx pedal right into my shinbone. :help: :dead:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
narlus said:
beaten to the punch.

it's still way too muddy around my trails for dirt riding, so i did a road ride yesterday.

and i slipped a pedal while bunnyhopping in my driveway and drove my 5050xx pedal right into my shinbone. :help: :dead:
ouch !! did a SS ride with johnE today... fricken cold (for me anyway) 35F... screw this weather, i m over it...

narlus said:
beaten to the punch.

Must be the season. I fell off the Haro yesterday and slammed my ass so hard that I think it's now located in my thorax.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah the early morning rides are definately a good way to go. Alot of riders drop out when i post rides that are super early, but in the future i'm gonna do it more often.
The weather and temperature is always more conducive to riding (cooler). Around here in the summer the east part of the Cascades is where many awesome trails are, and it's always more hot there. 70 in Seattle 90 in Eastern Washington. So it's nice to start the climb up in the cool, by the time you get to the top it's pretty warm, but it's all downhill.
Also you beat church traffic if it's on a Sunday. It can be like a frikkin parade behind the slow church goers car/minivan.
And most importantly there are less people on the trail, which means parking is good, and trails are clear. Plus on longer trail rides, the more daylight you give yourself the less chances you'll get in trouble if things go bad.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Glad you got out for a ride! The weather looked a little sketchy today so we opted for hanging out inside, but we did get out to do some adjustments to the bikes from Saturday's ride (3+ hrs in warm weather!) :)

J

JRB

I got up at 7:30 to go to an open house for a bike importer. I got $900 or so in parts that I didn't need for $380.

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
Changleen said:
I'd hit it.
I think the only thing your capable of hitting is an 87 year old grandma in a 4-way intersection while driving to work... that is if you have a job.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
In case all you dip****tz didn't notice, this is Kizzi's thread. Her ride report, and you all bag on this thread like she isn't really a member here. i swear i wish we had an influx of gay male riders who slobbered and talked **** about you shmucks if you posted pics of yourself.

This isn't a topic about some anonymous person on the news or some pop idol....

It's not like we don't have a lack of women in mt. biking, feel free to chase more away. Fuktards....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
I think some people need to remove the sticks from their asses, and some n00bs need to STFU. :rolleyes:
Why dont you just use a little ****ing tact? No harm in messing around but "Post some photos of her ass?"
WTF? If you said that to my girl in person, Id break your fvcking jaw.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bwahahah thats the first time i ever clicked on your signature jason. that is some funny shizz

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
douglas said:
I have a planned ride at 2p....not sure if the rain will hit before than, but I did get 18+ miles of dirt in yesterday afternoon

my ride today rocked :thumb: putting me @ 40 miles of dirt for the w/e!!

err..make that 30 (me bad at math)