Quantcast

So yeah....I need one

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
While I agree that a 911 is obviously a kick ass car, I still most certainly would not say no to the Boxster. I've driven some pretty fast cars. Just in our industrial park, I was doing 100 mph and I could believe how quickly it got there.

And yeah...the Elise kicks ass...and was actaully something my boss was looking at. But this deal for the Boxster came along. He's pretty happy with it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dexter said:
the slk is a good car but also very girlish. the sl series is a nice rig but the only ones worth getting in my opinion are the sl55 amg, sl500, or the sl600 with the renntech kit on it drooolllll. got to drive one of these in black down in florida over spring break (the parents of these kids jesus, 180,000 dollar cars where all over the place, 360 modenas? yea 4 on campus all driven by drivers between the ages of 18-23.)

well actually toshi I am running a 6. and 1/4 miles of 13.8 so its pretty darn close and the price is wayy different. bought the 4runner pre supercharged and exhaust from a buddy of mine. added headers, water injection, a few fuel mods and an spuper afc II, along with a completely custom intake. these times were recorded with the spare tire underneath, a thule 6 board ski rack, load bars, towers, fairing, and 2 bike racks along with a massive stereo (2 mtx 15 w/ 1500 watts running to each bia jbl bp1200.1's and an alpine fv450 for the mids and highs not to mention all the dynamat and fatmat in the truck) and last but not least a big ass grill guard and fog lights. each 50 lbs im pretty sure drops your time .10 so that would add up to maby half a second faster.

and yes i do pop my collar so f'n what. im preppy, whats it to you? i still ride my bike harder than most so back the f off narlus

HaHa

why to F would anyone mention what stereo equipment you have when tell your 1/4 mile times.......funny ****

I suppose you used a watch to record your 1/4 mile times too

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
dexter said:
and yes i do pop my collar so f'n what. im preppy,
Oh and I ASSURE you that though you may flip your collar up, you are NOT preppie.....(though you do have your name going for you. I'll give you that)

I am SO down with O.P.

if you have not seen this, you are NOT preppie.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
This thread is funny!
My thoughts: I diagree with the term "Chick Car". I find the Boxster ugly as sin, but it still goes. Same with the Miata.
Benz sucks b/c they are too heavy.
Whoever posted the 635, that car kicks-a.

It is definitely about the setup. My dad has a 1993 BMW 325is (now a 328) and a 2002 M3. The 328 has a Conforti ship, suspension, short throw shifter, aluminum flywheel and a bunch of other stuff. The 5S 328 is more fun to drive than the M3. Running through gears is just way too fun (M3 has SMG). The M3 will kill it every where, but you can't beat the feeling of thinking that your ass is about to start scrape the pavement- its lower than the M3. The rear end is also a lot livelier. The traction control on the M3 makes it feel a little dead. Plus the M3 doesn't "come alive" until you have reached Felony Speed. A fast car is great, but it sucks to have to worry about being arrested.
And I love the Volvo wagons. My mom has a '96 850. 2.4L, 174 bhp. Not a lot of off-the-line acceleration, but it will cruise at 80mph and get 25+mpg. Driving it to Snowshoe last summer (1550 miles) is making me think twice about getting another SUV.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
TheInedibleHulk said:
Was that one of your cars? Pretty Impressive, decent 60 foot too.
Nope.

A guy in Texas has a 490hp A2 GTI. 1.8T 20V stock bottom end. Running drag slicks.

2400lb street car (with him in it).

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
I do actually have time slips back in Colorado and Incredible you havnt seen the 4runner in a while. and whoever said about the stereo equipment, it actually adds a ton of weight (2 15 inch subs weight about 80-90 lbs, the box is about 60, amps 15 each it all adds up and less weight equals faster time ie. more power to a smaller weight equals a quicker launch and quicker top speed)

actually with the suspension set up I am getting it should technically outhandle a lot of cars, but it comes at a price (thats why its nice having friends who own performance shops) koni coil overs front and rear with an inch drop, modified top secret sway bars etc etc. should ride pretty f'n sweet

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
dexter said:
I do actually have time slips back in Colorado and Incredible you havnt seen the 4runner in a while. and whoever said about the stereo equipment, it actually adds a ton of weight (2 15 inch subs weight about 80-90 lbs, the box is about 60, amps 15 each it all adds up and less weight equals faster time ie. more power to a smaller weight equals a quicker launch and quicker top speed)

actually with the suspension set up I am getting it should technically outhandle a lot of cars, but it comes at a price (thats why its nice having friends who own performance shops) koni coil overs front and rear with an inch drop, modified top secret sway bars etc etc. should ride pretty f'n sweet

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH...

whew....gasp...

BAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dexter said:
...actually with the suspension set up I am getting it should technically outhandle a lot of cars, but it comes at a price (thats why its nice having friends who own performance shops) koni coil overs front and rear with an inch drop, modified top secret sway bars etc etc. should ride pretty f'n sweet
Dexter, get a grip dude. The center of gravity in your 4 runner is like 2 feet higher than a Boxter's. You really think you can outhandle it? You could have the sweetest suspension on earth and it still won't make up for the fact its an SUV :stosh:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dexter said:

yeah man........you totally should take all the seats out, well xcept yours course.....total weight savings! Your ride be mad pimping, and you'd take the boxsters, vettes, etc at the lights and in the curves :cool:

peace out bro

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Here's what happens when a 4runner tries to out-skid a Boxster on the pad:

But that didn't have 200# of kicking bass to maintain perfect weight balance.
If he lowers his collar he'll further reduce the center of gravity, but probably not enough to overcome the mass of his ego.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dexter said:
modified top secret sway bars
Sssshhhh. The government is listening.

This thread is silly. There is not a person on here who could drive a Boxster
to its full potential. Slinging that joker around and feeling the snarl of that Porshe engine on your back. Giddy up.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Jeremy R said:
This thread is silly. There is not a person on here who could drive a Boxster
to its full potential. Slinging that joker around and feeling the snarl of that Porshe engine on your back. Giddy up.
Finally someone's making sense...besides me of course...

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
quadricolour said:
Dang, I feel old. Air-cooled all the way!
no kidding- the only way a porsche or a VW should be.

btw- a boxter s is a good race for a WRX. a regular boxer? not worth the effort of spoolin the turbo.

slowsser- wanting a new 911....reguardless of water cooling. nothing fancy...uless its a 4s :evil:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
those are built on the benz platform, right? either SL or SLK?

i don't really get excited by cars, to tell you the truth. but i wouldn't mind it if my father-in-law lets me drive his new C6 when he gets it.

edit - was referring to the crossfire and not the NSX (which in ireland had a Honda badge, which was funny - no Acura brand over there)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Damn True said:
Not the best lookin thing ever but damn what a car! Saw a few of them at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago and WOWZERS!

http://www.lotuscars.com/lotus.html
Say hi.

Little 4 banger with 190HP weighing 1974lbs, 0-60 in 4.4 with a 1/4 mile in 13. Those aren't where it's supposed to go though...it handles like nothing you've ever seen. I want one...so bad. The 40-something asking price isn't too bad, either. :dancing:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
those are built on the benz platform, right? either SL or SLK?

i don't really get excited by cars, to tell you the truth. but i wouldn't mind it if my father-in-law lets me drive his new C6 when he gets it.

edit - was referring to the crossfire and not the NSX (which in ireland had a Honda badge, which was funny - no Acura brand over there)
no acura (or lexus or infiniti) brands in japan either. honda nsx, nissan skyline (= infiniti g35 more or less) etc. and yes, the crossfire is on the slk platform.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhhhhahaha. Wait until the "real" world, Young Grasshopper....... :D

-S.S.-
I know I know...No chance of getting one until I'm 40something and either wildly rich or wildly in a mid-life crisis. :(

I'll get a sport bike before a sports car.