Quantcast

So you downhill/freeride on a Specialized Enduro?

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
I've got an 03 Enduro Comp. I've got an old pike up front, single ring up front, just upgraded to an RP2 in the back (much better than the floatr) I'd LOVE to break this thing but there is no way.

I took this to New Zealand for my study abroad. Rode heaps of XC and a couple of the Nationals tracks. Beat me up to no end but the bike is still running strong. The thing turns like a champion is actually quite comfy in the air so I'm having a hard time justifying getting a new one but I think it is about time to upgrade...

dabomb7

Chimp
Dec 23, 2008
Boone NC
I just purchased a Specialized enduro pro '06 direct from Specialized, with intentions of converting it to be a "mini-DH" rig. And I'm sort of basing my theories of previous ones I've found on here. So to all of you who ride an enduro (s-works, pro, expert, comp, w/e), and pimped it out with deemaxes, and coil shock, whatever, post them here!

I want to see what you AM bike conversion looks like! Did you change the head angle by getting a taller fork? What about a different i2i and stroke rate shock? Have you run into any problems while trying to make your enduro DH worthy?

Lets see them guys!
(Feel free to post something you find I suppose, but obviously, state it isn't yours)

P.S. I'll post mine when I get it...but it wont be converted till summer, if I deside to go threw with it.
How do you go about getting one directly from Specialized?

dabomb7

Chimp
Dec 23, 2008
Boone NC
Guess that makes sense, never thought of it before though, they priced good or are they pretty high usually? I want an enduro frame and this sounds like the best option, pending price.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
They are usually dirt cheap. A buddy of mine picked up an 07 S-works enduro frame for around 800 bucks. It was a couple of years ago but the deals are similar nowadays.

dabomb7

Chimp
Dec 23, 2008
Boone NC
I want just an Enduro frame 06-07, doesn't really matter which ones, regular, Expert, Elite, Pro, or the SX trail(perferrably this one, but of course its prob the most rare/expensive), anything but the plain SX, want more then that 4" of travel. I dont have the money yet, but planning on pulling the trigger this summer, was wondering if a new frame was possible and how much $ I would be looking at.