Quantcast

So, you have a Ridemonkey Jersey?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If it sells at all. I haven't been around here in a long time but last I remember monkeys were cheap and poor. Except for Stoney. Toshi might be a rich doctor by now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So why are you profiteering? Why not $1- starting bid?
Because I can.

Even if I wasn't trying to make money I would still want what I paid for it. If someone wants it and can afford it hey, it's theirs. If not, then it goes back into the depths of my closet. I don't need it but it doesn't take up much space. I was cleaning out my closet and ran across it. Figured WTH. Doesn't cost me anything to try and sell it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am suspect. If you really had a RM Jersey it would be your most prized possession and when you weren't wearing it would be under lock and key. I would trade mine for a years worth of waffles however.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Because I can.

Even if I wasn't trying to make money I would still want what I paid for it. If someone wants it and can afford it hey, it's theirs. If not, then it goes back into the depths of my closet. I don't need it but it doesn't take up much space. I was cleaning out my closet and ran across it. Figured WTH. Doesn't cost me anything to try and sell it.
I don't understand why you don't want to wear it?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
who pays $100 for any long sleeve jersey anyway?

I Can't count the number of jersey's I've sold for $10 a piece.
It appeals to about 2 dozen members here. I think we paid 70 for them originally. I am charging 100 because I am profiteering and gouging and being silly. If it doesn't sell I will probably give it to Zark.

I don't wear it because... I don't prefer it. I wore it once and it was OK, but I always preferred riding in a t shirt. Not that I do much riding these days anyway. And as far as it being sentimental, well my days on the Monkey were a long time ago. I had a great time, I made some friends and had great conversations with some really nice people. But I haven't been a denizen here for 5 years at least. I don't have any sentimental attachment to it.

I don't really expect it to sell for 100 bucks. But hey who knows... Maybe an older Monkey is out there saying "Hey I will buy it for 100 just so you'll go away again!" Maybe Loco Gringo is reading this right now.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It appeals to about 2 dozen members here. I think we paid 70 for them originally. I am charging 100 because I am profiteering and gouging and being silly. If it doesn't sell I will probably give it to Zark.

I don't wear it because... I don't prefer it. I wore it once and it was OK, but I always preferred riding in a t shirt. Not that I do much riding these days anyway. And as far as it being sentimental, well my days on the Monkey were a long time ago. I had a great time, I made some friends and had great conversations with some really nice people. But I haven't been a denizen here for 5 years at least. I don't have any sentimental attachment to it.

I don't really expect it to sell for 100 bucks. But hey who knows... Maybe an older Monkey is out there saying "Hey I will buy it for 100 just so you'll go away again!" Maybe Loco Gringo is reading this right now.
This is why no one wants your shirt. If PSP were selling it, I'm sure it'd go for more just so someone could lick it like a frog and get at least $100 worth of high out of it!