Quantcast

So, you have a Ridemonkey Jersey?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It appeals to about 2 dozen members here. I think we paid 70 for them originally. I am charging 100 because I am profiteering and gouging and being silly. If it doesn't sell I will probably give it to Zark.

I don't wear it because... I don't prefer it. I wore it once and it was OK, but I always preferred riding in a t shirt. Not that I do much riding these days anyway. And as far as it being sentimental, well my days on the Monkey were a long time ago. I had a great time, I made some friends and had great conversations with some really nice people. But I haven't been a denizen here for 5 years at least. I don't have any sentimental attachment to it.

I don't really expect it to sell for 100 bucks. But hey who knows... Maybe an older Monkey is out there saying "Hey I will buy it for 100 just so you'll go away again!" Maybe Loco Gringo is reading this right now.
Any new mail or maces in the collection?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sharon was a RM pillar. It's too bad he only comes around to spam us any more. :(

If I was a big fat fucker I'd give you tree fiddy for that jersey. :D
I lurk every now and then. To be honest I had some personal issues, and kinda faded away from life. I didn't want to come on here and be all depressing and whiney. (Well, whineyER) These days I am just a fat stay at home dad with not much life. My kid is about to start 1st grade so I will have time to myself again for the first time in like 6 years. I bought some new parts and fixed up my old Cove and once the kid is in school I am going to start riding again.

And I have only spammed y'all once this one time.
Any new mail or maces in the collection?
A few pieces of armour, some mail for a helmet. I haven't been doing the medieval recreation/LARP thing in a while. It's hard to find time to go play make believe with grown ups when I have a kid asking me to do the same thing with her. :)

Honestly I figured that some of the older Monkies would get a kick out of this and the ebay posting. You n00bs... well, you'll catch up eventually. :)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I will give you 10000 posados...

Someone should contact Owayo and see what they would charge for newer, cooler more better than Ciarans crummy old RM jersey that really isnt that cool anyway.

(Let me know if you drop the price, willya?)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
so are you watching game of thrones?
I don't get to watch much TV other than crappy movies these days. Everyone says it's pretty cool, so I am interested but I just don't have time to follow a whole series.

Is Loco Gringo still around here? How about Stosh? Or did he bail again? :)

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I bet I could wear it as a dress with my sequin heels--just throw a glitter coated waist belt on and I've started a whole new trend!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have the entirety of this thread saved as a text file...

I'm thinking about dragging a razor blade across my testicles!
Wadda think fellas, should I shave my nutz?

@Wumpus if you see John tell him I said hello, please. (IIRC you live close to him, right?)

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yes I sust signed up as someone said I should try it now because it comes in rootbeer.
No one here is gong to judge you for how prefer your rootbeer.

I actually miss having Loco around, entertaining fer shuurr. But is working at a bike shop long term really bad enough that you would want to take a job that involves being kicked in the head occasionally ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Not sure but I'll let you know after another few years in this bike shop.....
When I was in my twenties I worked in a shop for several months but quit because the owner was a pyscho asshole. Basically my dream job turned out to be really shitty. If it wasn't for him it would have been cool. The customers were way easier to deal with than him.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I once had the awesome chance to ski with Glenn Plake, and ended up on the two person chair to the top of the mountain. My dream was to be a pro skier and so I asked how to get the career of my dreams. He told me I didn't want to be a pro skier--I wanted to be a ski journalist. The skiers go to a mountain, sit through several interviews, and hopefully have a little time to shred still. The journalists interview the star then hit the hill. I'll never forget it. And hope that maybe someday I will figure out how to make my ski dreams come true. Although with this weather, I may have to relocate for that business!